Thread: Dual boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Dual boot

Do you dual boot, and if, why?

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I m curious to see what answer you have.

(And since Im asking, then I also should answer my own question. So, no I dont. One of the main reasons I use ubuntu is to get rid of the Microsoft monopoly.)

Beans

Re: Dual boot

On my works laptop yes, because I need filemaker.

On my home laptop, no. Its just linux.

Beans

I have XP next to Feisty on my personal laptop for Europa Universalis, Football Manager and stats packages (Lisrel, SPSS, etc). Haven't seen it in weeks though, no time for games at the moment.

Beans

I have two computers, one with Vista, one with Ubuntu. The Vista computer needed its box, which was better than Ubuntu's. Since Ubuntu was better on a lesser machine, I really wanted it with my other computer, so I removed the hard drive and installed it on my other computer. So I have two computers, one with two hard drives, Ubuntu as master, and Vista as slave. (Don't you like the terms?)

The other computer is still useful and on the KVM switch. I use many operating systems with it, primarily Knoppix on a USB Flash Drive. I find it also more useful than Vista, interesting.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

No, I don't dual-boot

The only reason I needed to dual-boot was for Football Manager. Since it isn't a graphics intensive game I was then able to move my copy of XP over to a VMware image and play it in that. However, a few months ago I finally worked out how to get it running under Wine. Yey!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yes, because of:
    - yahoo messenger;
    - google talk;
    - office 2007;
    - dreamweaver;
    - paint.net;
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I use XP alongside Ubuntu as I have games and applications that wont run on Ubuntu