Thread: The Dell - Ubuntu PC website

Beans

The Dell - Ubuntu PC website

Dell has launched a web page for this

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...=19&l=en&s=dhs

It seems like Dell is still "grouping" Ubuntu with FreeDos as an open source series of product , instead of putting as an option in the Operating System to allow users to choose.

Hopefully, ubuntu will be an option beside Windows , when customer online order the model in near future

Beans

Re: The Dell - Ubuntu PC website

Quote Originally Posted by cyberkoa View Post

It seems like Dell is still "grouping" Ubuntu with FreeDos as an open source series of product , instead of putting as an option in the Operating System to allow users to choose.
    Am I missing something? Where does it say that?

Beans

Re: The Dell - Ubuntu PC website (something strange happen today)

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmusician View Post
    Am I missing something? Where does it say that?
    sorry .., I forget to mention that I got this link after using "Ubuntu" as keyword to search at dell.com homepage, and it "was" 1 of the 2 "Recommended Link" . In the recommended link, this link has the description sounds "Dell Open source series with preinstalled Ubuntu & FreeDos ..." , that y I concluded that.

However, today I do the same search it does not appear as recommended link anymore ! No more in the search result !?

Could it be the MS's OEM strategy that "allow" OEM to sell presintalled Linux but not "help to promote" Linux ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The internal memos at Microsoft advise OEMs to meet Linux demand but to never encourage it.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

i went to the link and it has a big picture of a computer with the ubuntu logo on the screen and big letter beside it saying "coming soon by popular demand."
    There is an easy way, and a hard way to do things.
    If you're anything like me, you've tried to do things things the hard way,

and broke something.......

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Beans

Same thing for me but I did check the Available OS for a desktop PC and it only shows Windows .
    1. Ubuntu 9.10
    3. Windows 7 (Games)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Yeah me too.

But I saw this picture last month already.

The only difference is that there was no enrollment button below the last time I went there.
    Linux cheat sheet

If you can't afford to loose it, if you don't know how to get it back: back it up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I heard from digg that there wont be as many ubuntu pc's available as the windows pc's, but the ubuntu ones will cost a lot less. kind of stupid since id probably pay more for ubuntu than vista or xp. I also read that the CEO (or president idk) of Dell uses ubuntu on his own pc.

Beans

LMFAO!! how ironic? but don't tell dell that man . The lower and better the computer cost the more people will buy it , plus i might even buy a dell computer in the future, but thats unlikely since i usually like to make my own PC.
    1. Ubuntu 9.10
    3. Windows 7 (Games)