Thread: Web Site Editor

Beans

Web Site Editor

I would like to try this form of Linux on a computer other than my primary one. I create web sites and got to wondering if there is a WYSIWYG editor that would allow me to create a web site in this form of Linux. If so where do I download it from?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Web Site Editor

You can try Kompozer which is the newer version of Nvu
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kompozer

It's WYSIWYG, similar to Frontpage but not as developed yet. I used it in Feisty until I got a segmentation fault error. I am now using the Nvu .deb file which was made for Dapper and is available on the Nvu website, works in Feisty.
    Last edited by PartisanEntity; May 17th, 2007 at 09:16 PM.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Beans

Quanta+ is the class of WYSIWYG editors for Linux. The package could be found either under the term Quanta, or grouped in the kdewebdev package, depending on your distribution.

If you develop with lots of javascript and that's an issue, I highly recommend Aptana. It's similar to Eclipse, although its preview feature is not nearly as robust as Quanta's.

Also, you can interact with your webpages in Quanta (form fields, etc.) Take that, Macromedia!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkBuntu View Post
    Quanta+ is the class of WYSIWYG editors for Linux. The package could be found either under the term Quanta, or grouped in the kdewebdev package, depending on your distribution.

If you develop with lots of javascript and that's an issue, I highly recommend Aptana. It's similar to Eclipse, although its preview feature is not nearly as robust as Quanta's.

Also, you can interact with your webpages in Quanta (form fields, etc.) Take that, Macromedia!
    Interesting, does Quanta work with Gnome or is it a KDE app?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PartisanEntity View Post
    Interesting, does Quanta work with Gnome or is it a KDE app?
    It's a KDE app in the sense that it is supported by the KDE project and it is coded in QT, but it's quite possible to run all QT-based programs in Gnome or XFCE, or anything else.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmusician View Post
    It's a KDE app in the sense that it is supported by the KDE project and it is coded in QT, but it's quite possible to run all QT-based programs in Gnome or XFCE, or anything else.
    Thanks very much.