Thread: mupen64 and other emulators questions

Beans

mupen64 and other emulators questions

Hi everyone,

so I just got my greedy hands on mupen64, which I hear is the best N64 emulator for Linux. It actually runs pretty well, another than some slight choppiness and sound is a *little* scratchy. Also, although it has an "Enable Mouse" option I couldn't get my mouse to map to the default joystick axis.

So I was wondering what the wonderful ubuntuforums members think are the best plugin's for mupen64 to use (and download links if possible!)? This includes the controller plugins too.

I'm not sure if linux plugins are dependent on video cards, but I have an nvidia geforce go 7400 (and the drivers are installed correctly). ATI plugins are also welcome because I plan to put this on my sister's machine.

My other question is this: Are there any good gamecube/sega saturn/sega dreamcast emulators for linux? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: forgot to ask, is there a keyboard shortcut to switch to fullscreen/window mode in mupen64? cuz once I go fullscreen I can't seem to exit without pressing <Esc> and that shuts the game off
    Last edited by dfreer; May 17th, 2007 at 08:26 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: mupen64 and other emulators questions

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    EDIT: forgot to ask, is there a keyboard shortcut to switch to fullscreen/window mode in mupen64? cuz once I go fullscreen I can't seem to exit without pressing <Esc> and that shuts the game off
    Nope, I dont think there is

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

There definately is a shortcut for fullscreen on/off cos I had the same problem before discovering it.

However....I no longer have Mupen64 installed and can't remember what it is. Try some of the F keys perhaps.

Dunno about other emulators.
    If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Beans

Thanks monkeyboy! I'll experiment around with it today to find that key...

anyone else with plugin suggestions?

EDIT: F1 does the trick!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

http://yabause.org/

There is a good sega saturn emulator available for linux. It can nearly play NiGHTS really well, but it's playable.