Thread: wow trial

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

wow trial

is there a wow trial that i could try. i heard that there are free trials but were would i get one
    intel core 2 duo 1.8ghz
    1 gig ram
    250 gig hard drive
    evga Geforce 8600 ssc 256mb over clocked

Beans

Re: wow trial

I think you still have to buy the game. They just give you 30 days without a subscription...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If I'm not mistaken there's a link on their homepage for a 10day trial you can signup for.

www.worldofwarcraft.com
    Running: Ubuntu 10.10 & Windows 7 Pro
    Registered Linux User #373810
    Become a Registered Linux User Here.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jacob01 View Post
    is there a wow trial that i could try. i heard that there are free trials but were would i get one
    Unless you're planning on running it in Windows I suggest you hold off until you get that new video card man. Otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed bad results.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

There are a couple of ways to try the game for free/cheap.

Around here many stores have a $2 disk you can buy, it has all the install files on a DVD and a 15 day trial membership, so you can play in a limited fashion (level cap of 20 and you can not trade items with other players) it is enough to knoe if you like the game or not and see it runs properly anyway.

The second option is to look for prople you know that have the game, when you buy it you get guest passes, there are also guest passes in the expansion and guest passes in every prepaid game card (if people you know use them). then borrow their install disks and set up with your guest pass to make your account.

If you then decide you would like to play the game on an ongoing basis it is a simple matter of buying it, and upgrading your account with the key from your copy of the game, no need to install again at this point the trial install is good enough. This will give you an additional 30 days of game time before you need to pay any further money on credit card or with prepaid game cards, and all restrictions are lifted

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

the guest pass gives you 10 days not 15 as well, guess that is the difference between cheap and free