Thread: Please to see Tamil forum :)

Beans
    Hidden!

Smile Please to see Tamil forum :)

hi there

My intros... I am Malaysian indian who is making a living with computer related profession. I fully convert my PC to Linux OS (kUbuntu 6.06) about 6 months ago and strong supporter of Open Source Software.

Well, I can speak Tamil but i can't read nor write Tamil... is there anyway I can contribute to Tamil speaking community here in Tamil LoCo?

One area where I honestly would like to see improvement is to add more Tamil Language support for both Gnome Desktop Enviorment and KDesktop Enviorment. I Really wish my 60 years old mum use a PC to read News Online, someday

I am really please to see a Tamil forum and honestly I am very proud. Thank you brothers and sisters.

Raj

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Please to see Tamil forum :)

great to hear those encouraging words from you. We need all your support and co-operation.

have you visited www.ubuntu-tam.org?

Plz visit.
    ஆமாச்சு

Beans
    Hidden!

I visted the website looks great. Althought i can't read but i do feel home when i see tamil website. Keep up good work

Ok... since i can't read nor write Tamil, there isn't much i can directly contribute to this Tamil LoCo. However, i believe i can get ppl to do the job.

emm... it's like this, I am currently taking care of a internet cafe in a politeknik... and there are few Tamil speaking students studing here. Basically I could make them to work for Tamil LoCo. Well... generally the student here are mostly looking for some part-time job and I can pay them for the job.

I did visited the Tamil translation page but not much help to me since I can't read Tamil. If you can guide me in English what are the things you need to translate then I can be a bit of help to you.

what do you think.

p/s: I am not of an active person in internet society, but i really want to see Tamil words in Computers.

Best regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Great and really glad to hear that. Please ask them to mail us at amachu.techie@gmail.com

or u start a thread through e-mail, Keeping everyone(Cc) in loop. We shall hear from them what and how they could contribute to this cause.

Can u start this initiative... And learning tamil is a matter of hardly an hour effort for 15 days...

Hope your mother tongue is Tamil.. Why not have a try.. U
    ஆமாச்சு

Beans
    Hidden!

Please ask them to mail us at amachu.techie@gmail.com
    emm... as for start i will get two students, first and have them to email you. But you have to wait until middle of January because, since this is end of the year, here in Malaysia it's school holidays (same goes to Polytechnic Institutions) and the student will be back in mid-January.

Can u start this initiative... And learning tamil is a matter of hardly an hour effort for 15 days...
    As for Tamil learning for me... well basically I can pronounce all the Tamil charectors and a little bit I can read a word individually, I think . It's just that I can't make up words when reading a sentance. And to be honest, although I wish to read and write in Tamil but it's just that I never put a mental note nor priority to actually do it. Sorry, it's just me.

Hope your mother tongue is Tamil.. Why not have a try.. U
    Yes my mother tongue is Tamil

Well... mean while, i'll look into other places where I can contribute to this Tamil LoCO.

Regards

Beans

hi guys!!!

i see the problem with most of you guys is able to speak in tamil, but unable to post or write in tamil.
    recently, came across this site through one friend of mine, who is also part of this forums..
    it is http://quillpad.in/tamil

u just need to type in tamil whatever you speak, the tool automatically converts into native script.
    i find these extremely usefl when chatting with y parents and to write articles in tmail..

hope it is useful for u too...