Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Libronix and Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Lightbulb Libronix and Linux

I'm not exactly sure if this is the place for this, perhaps a Mod will move it.

Anyways I have seen that I am not the only Ubuntu user who would like an easier solution to using Libronix in Linux. They are currently working on making a version for MAC OS. So I figure if they can do that at the request of a lot of folks using MACs maybe we Linux users can pester them enough that they will make a Linux version as well.

Their e-mail address can be gotten from Logos.com clicking on "About Us" and then "Contact Information" they have an e-mail address for suggestions: suggest@logos.com
    Perhaps if enough of us petition and pester they will think about us as well.

As of right now I have seen on the WineHQ site that someone says they have gotten Libronix working, but they had to install IE6 first. I've tried this to no avail (thought to be honest I haven't really been able to run anything through Wine) and I haven't seen anyone on the forums have a success story to share about Libronix on Linux. (They share the letters L, I, N, and X, sounds like they are made for each other!) So I'm going to send off an e-mail after this, and hopefully get some friends to join in that I know can use both (ie I'm in seminary with them and got them started with Ubuntu)

And even if you don't use this great library system from Logos, letting them know there is a Linux market out there may be helpful.
    In life without walls, who needs windows?

Beans

Re: Libronix and Linux

Well I just sent my request also! Hopefully others will too. I'm going to be playing around a little this weekend with my Ubuntu install and seeing about getting Libronix to work, will reportback with anything...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks a bunch!

I'm going to try and get more people around here, (my fellow seminarians) who I got into Ubuntu to send a letter as well.

A major selling point for us on this one that I forgot to mention in my letter to them, is that Dell will be offering computers pre-installed with Ubuntu Linux. So Linux will likely be gaining more and more attention, and users. Which will make it a good investment for them.

I've also heard Mac described as "basically Linux with a really pretty X server" I'm not sure on how similar they actually are, but if Logos is already making a Libronix for Mac could it possibly be more easy to use that work to make one for Linux? I'm probably just dreaming.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I for one would like to get Logos working natively in Linux. Currently my primary os is Mepis 6.5 and I use logos in xp on vmware server where it works pretty good. I will also send an email to the suggestion people at Logos.

Beans

rcdeacon, do you actually use a virtual machine and boot to a xp desktop and then run libronix or do you do some sort of shortcut? I found a how-to once on running vmware server for a specific app so that you didn't actually have to go to the desktop....at any rate, how do you find the performance through vmware?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I actually run Libronix in xp while running xp utilizing vmware-server on Mepis 6.5. I am able to copy paste and do all things pretty much as native speed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Cool thanks for your replies and support. I hope we can keep it up so they will consider it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Post Re: Libronix and Linux

It sort of works with CrossOffice 6.1.0, I installed with wine, then copied the windows installation to ~/.cxoffice/windows/drive_c/Program Files/Libronix DLS
    Presented me with a nice grey window. By accident I found out that it actually works, when I pressed some keyboard shortcuts.

I can read resources by using CTRL+L to access the library. But without toolbars, right-click and other things that don't work, it's not very useful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

thanks for the update, at least there is some potential there then.

Beans

I am working on getting Logos installed under WINE. I've gotten e-sword to work, but I would much rather have Logos.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast