using the update idea from user sumashod, and some code refactoring, i have made the next version of all 3 scripts.
new features include:
* the '-update' action, which checks if a version newer than the one installed exists, and if so, offers to update (for ff and tb, simply encourages the user to use built in updater)
* the '-t' option, which makes the script do a 'dry run' where nothing actually gets done. i used it to test the script framework, but without messing with my system. it's very nice for testing, but not really a useful feature from a user's standpoint.
* buglet fix in seamonkey: the message pointing out the installable language packs was accidentally included after removal, not after installation.
please test the new scripts, everyone, and report anything that doesn't work as expected.
to run with with testing option, you can use,
but i have already done that... now, i'd like to have some light 'live' testing to make sure everything works. to run the script so that it actually does something, useCode:bash /path/to/script -install -t bash /path/to/script -remove -t bash /path/to/script -update -t
Code:bash /path/to/script -install bash /path/to/script -remove bash /path/to/script -update