Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GRUB4DOS bug fix

Beans

Exclamation GRUB4DOS bug fix

Fix a few bugs in the NTFS module.

Support NTFS compression (experimental).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: GRUB4DOS bug fix

Quote Originally Posted by bean123 View Post
    Fix a few bugs in the NTFS module.

Support NTFS compression (experimental).
    Bean that is going to help A LOT. Thank you very much! We'll test it in next build (tonight or this w/e). Do you think I still need to reduce the depth of the path or can I keep the files in c:\wubi\boot\grub\? Can it handle fragmented kernel/initrd (that would also be very useful since it is difficult to defragment on our side).

Beans

To all users that had problems with grldr error 17 please try to download the zip file above, unzip glrdr into c:\, try again and let us know how it goes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ago View Post
    Bean that is going to help A LOT. Thank you very much! We'll test it in next build (tonight or this w/e). Do you think I still need to reduce the depth of the path or can I keep the files in c:\wubi\boot\grub\? Can it handle fragmented kernel/initrd (that would also be very useful since it is difficult to defragment on our side).
    it should be able to handle fragmented files.

Beans

Can I send you a beer or a pizza?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ago View Post
    Do you think I still need to reduce the depth of the path or can I keep the files in c:\wubi\boot\grub\?
    Now I think you needn't reduce the depth of the path. And I think Bean will solve all those problems. Just feel free to report bugs.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tinybit View Post
    Now I think you needn't reduce the depth of the path. And I think Bean will solve all those problems. Just feel free to report bugs.
    Thanks a lot again, you guys have been very responsive and efficient!

Beans

Minefield 0.7 includes the grub bug fix http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=440609

Beans

Is there anything else I can try to get around the Error 17? I've tried 7.04-test2 and I tried one a few days ago that was something else (don't have it recorded and it's since been destroyed). In all cases, I get a File not found on the 'find'.

I pulled down the new grldr for the old installation and that didn't seem to do anything. Contig says that all files in my C:\wubi are continguous except for system.virtual.disk. and I've confirmed that I'm not doing any compression on the drive.

Anything else that I should be trying?

Thanks!

--
    Darren

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ddunham View Post
    Is there anything else I can try to get around the Error 17? I've tried 7.04-test2 and I tried one a few days ago that was something else (don't have it recorded and it's since been destroyed). In all cases, I get a File not found on the 'find'.

I pulled down the new grldr for the old installation and that didn't seem to do anything. Contig says that all files in my C:\wubi are continguous except for system.virtual.disk. and I've confirmed that I'm not doing any compression on the drive.

Anything else that I should be trying?

Thanks!

--
    Darren
    I'll forward to grub4dos devs, in the meantime you can try to move the files up one level, but that is slightly more involved (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...0&postcount=27 ). Anybody else having problems with error 17 with wubi-test2?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast