Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been to Maine? If so where? What is your favorite place in Maine?

Beans

Red face Have you ever been to Maine? If so where? What is your favorite place in Maine?

In honor of the "NU" Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team, I was wondering; have you ever been to Maine?

me: I regularly go to Maine when ever I can.

If you have been to Maine, you don't need me to tell you that Maine is one of the most beautiful states in the USA.

Where in Maine have you been?

Me: The coast from New Hampshire to Bar Harbour

What is your favorite part of Maine?

Me: I have many favorite parts, the coast of Maine is awesome.

here is a short list of my favorite parts of Maine:

1. The city of Portland, especially Portland's Historic Waterfront District and it's Old Port District .

Portland has become the most exciting, dynamic and happening city on the east coast.

2. Portland Head Lighthouse:

3. Monhegan Island:

4. Bar Harbour:

When were you last in Maine?

me: Last there this past, summer.

If you live in Maine, where do you live?

Share you cool stories about Maine, whether you live there or visit.

Post here and tell us about your favorite place in Maine, also visit the Ubuntu Maine-iacs Team sites:

Maine Team launchpad site: https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-maineiacs

Maine Team wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaineTeam

Maine Team IRC Channel: #ubuntu-maine on freenode

More Maine forum talk here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=349334

Maine Team mailing list:

send an e-mail to ubuntu-maineiacs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the subject field.

Ubuntu Maine-iacs rock!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 10th, 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Have you ever been to Maine? If so where? What is your favorite place in Maine?

Maine should have remained part of Massachusetts. There's really only one place to go; Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery.

Beans

Re: Have you ever been to Maine? If so where? What is your favorite place in Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by tbroderick View Post
    Maine should have remained part of Massachusetts. There's really only one place to go; Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery.
    I have to say I have eaten at better looking places in Maine, usually that are on the water and not a roadside.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by RAV TUX View Post
    I have to say I have eaten at better looking places in Maine, usually that are on the water and not a roadside.
    Didn't you ever learn not to judge a book by it's cover. Roadside seafood joints are a stable of New England dining. Bob's Clam Hut has been highly rated by regional and national magazines (Forbes, Esquire, Yankee). Forbes selected it has one of their top 40 restaurants in America.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tbroderick View Post
    Didn't you ever learn not to judge a book by it's cover. Roadside seafood joints are a stable of New England dining. Bob's Clam Hut has been highly rated by regional and national magazines (Forbes, Esquire, Yankee). Forbes selected it has one of their top 40 restaurants in America.
    Really cool.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Guess I should pipe in on this. I was last in Maine err right now I live in a little town called Vienna. Don't sneeze or you will go right thru it. I work out of Portland which is probably one of the busiest cities in Maine.

There are a couple of great places to eat that a lot of people don't know about. Moody's Diner in Waldoboro http://www.moodysdiner.com and the Maine Diner http://www.mainediner.com/ both have great food.

The Moosehead Lake region is a great place to visit for some great scenery.
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans

Add to the great eating list:

• Helen's Restaurant in Machias -- save room for pie
    • Olde Mill Pub in Skowhegan -- get the venison burger
    • Governor's in Waterville and several other places -- it's all good. Go for breakfast buffet, stop back in for great burgers, or satisfy your sweet tooth
    • Weathervane in Waterville -- for chowderheads like me
    • Senator Inn in Augusta -- take your politician to a posh place, great food, have him pay though
    • Mei Lam Lau in Skowhegan -- the way Chinese food should be

tbroderick: There's a lot more to Maine than the Southwest tip! Enjoy the coast, but get up in the lakes and mountains. You're not in Boston anymore; click your heels three times (to get the mud off 'em).
    Last edited by jimcooncat; May 10th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

my great-grandmother owned a hotel on goose rocks beach (it was the house next to the tides inn). when she died, my grandfather turned it into a summer home for the whole family, so i would spend every summer up there until i was in college.

i think this is the path in front of the tides inn, so you can imagine our view was the same, one house over.

the house is no longer owned by my family, but my parents and sister still go up there (my mother shows in a gallery up there). i haven't been back in about ten years.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by fuscia View Post
    my great-grandmother owned a hotel on goose rocks beach (it was the house next to the tides inn). when she died, my grandfather turned it into a summer home for the whole family, so i would spend every summer up there until i was in college.

i think this is the path in front of the tides inn, so you can imagine our view was the same, one house over.

the house is no longer owned by my family, but my parents and sister still go up there (my mother shows in a gallery up there). i haven't been back in about ten years.
    Wow cool. My grandmother-inlaw lives just up the road from Goose Rocks. I love the area.
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans

the only place i been to in maine is the Maine Maritime Campus to visit a friend
    http://www.mainemaritime.edu/webcam.php

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast