View Poll Results: Does Joost run?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everything works (even if it's slow).

49 30.25%
  • No, video doesn't work.

16 9.88%
  • No, sound doesn't work.

14 8.64%
  • No, fonts don't work.

3 1.85%
  • No, Something else doesn't work (pleas post)

18 11.11%
  • No, nothing works.

69 42.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

I hope this means that the next version of Wine will include the patches you linked to!
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'm starting to think that a better way of doing this tutorial would be to use git, because it seems to be easier to maintain patches with git. The other advantage is that wine will always be as up-to-date as we want it; no waiting for repositories to update themselves. Of course the downside is that initial setup takes a bit longer, but updates are much faster; if I do this, I'll leave the old method up as well.

Right now I'm working on putting the git tutorial together.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well either way, I still need to get my hands on a joost invite (mrcheatr[at]gmail.com)
    Be sure to check out the Community Ubuntu Documentation and the Ubuntu Team Wiki.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I've updated the HOWTO now with a second way to remake wine; through git. The advantages to the second method are speed (it takes less time when you update wine later) and patches are applied more easily; as well as the fact that it is much more up to date. The disadvantage is that the source in the wine git tree may be unstable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

ok, something is kind of up.

The first time I ran it, it worked flawlessly, the picture and audio were perfect. Now everytime I run it, the video is slightly jumpy and the audio sounds like it's on a consistant fast forward.

Pretty annoying.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Any fix?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I would try rebooting, that might help, because of the way that wine is forced to access the soundcard (depending on which soundcard it is, it locks access; even after unlocking access to other programs it can cause it to be sluggish.)

Beans

is anyone else getting the following when trying to add this repository to the synaptic package manager?

"http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/dists/feisty/Release: Unable to find expected entry main/source/Sources in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)"

that one if new to me

Thanks guys.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck79 View Post
    is anyone else getting the following when trying to add this repository to the synaptic package manager?

"http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/dists/feisty/Release: Unable to find expected entry main/source/Sources in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)"

that one if new to me

Thanks guys.
    Hey, I run the repository. I've seen the error myself.

I'm not sure what is going on at the moment.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck79 View Post

that one if new to me

Thanks guys.
    Ok, after some amazing help from shawarma in IRC, everything is right again. This error should be gone now.

Beans

I have followed this guide and Joost works perfect.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...ght-joost.html

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast