View Poll Results: Does Joost run?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everything works (even if it's slow).

    49 30.25%
  • No, video doesn't work.

    16 9.88%
  • No, sound doesn't work.

    14 8.64%
  • No, fonts don't work.

    3 1.85%
  • No, Something else doesn't work (pleas post)

    18 11.11%
  • No, nothing works.

    69 42.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 213

Thread: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

  1. #111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    11
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Has anyone gotten this to work under Wine 0.9.38.
    And if so what did you have to do.
    Thanks for any Info.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    It appears that all of the patches are the same. I'm in the process of rebuilding wine using the git method right now. Wine 0.9.38 hasn't hit the repo yet, my guess would be tomorrow (that seems to be their turnaround time, 1-2 days). I'll update the tutorial to reflect changes (if any) when the most recent version hits the repo.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    26

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    I followed the howto..with ALSA it works ok with sound

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    404
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Quote Originally Posted by freeforall079 View Post
    I don't think we will get fullscreen until Joost releases a Linux version.
    http://joost.com/forums/p/2007/03/wi...ent-for-linux/
    What's taking them so long though?
    Have they even started?


    I also have an Icon for Joost. I use this for a shortcut on the desktop.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/34486832/tvp.png
    I got an e-mail from their tech-support:

    As a Ubuntu users myself the only thing I can tell you is that we are
    working on a Linux version of Joost, can't disclose on how far in
    development we are so I can't give you a date for when it will be ready.

    cut information out where he/she linked here...

    Please be patient! A Linux version of Joost will be available in the
    future..developing it just takes time ..
    I can't wait.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewitt View Post
    It appears that all of the patches are the same. I'm in the process of rebuilding wine using the git method right now. Wine 0.9.38 hasn't hit the repo yet, my guess would be tomorrow (that seems to be their turnaround time, 1-2 days). I'll update the tutorial to reflect changes (if any) when the most recent version hits the repo.
    OK. It does NOT work with Wine 0.9.38. Which kinda sucks. I'll do my best to figure out what's wrong, but i don't entirely know what could be causing it.

    I'll post status updates as I work on it.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewitt View Post
    OK. It does NOT work with Wine 0.9.38. Which kinda sucks. I'll do my best to figure out what's wrong, but i don't entirely know what could be causing it.

    I'll post status updates as I work on it.
    I spoke too soon. It still does work, but it takes a LOT longer to start (try 5-6 minutes). Note that I am using a code snapshout though, so it could be a problem with the snapshot, and not the final release of wine.

    Also, the new wine (0.9.38) has now hit the repo. I'll post results about that in a few hours, when I get the chance to build it.
    Last edited by mikewitt; June 3rd, 2007 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Smilies... The Simlies are coming... (type "8)")

  7. #117
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home
    Beans
    10

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    When I type
    sudo apt-get build-dep wine
    in the console, it download something 100MB, is this normal?

  8. #118
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    11
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewitt View Post
    I spoke too soon. It still does work, but it takes a LOT longer to start (try 5-6 minutes). Note that I am using a code snapshout though, so it could be a problem with the snapshot, and not the final release of wine.

    Also, the new wine (0.9.38) has now hit the repo. I'll post results about that in a few hours, when I get the chance to build it.
    Thanks for the update.
    I wonder why it still doesn't work with the original WINE with no compiling.


    Quote Originally Posted by javaJake View Post
    I got an e-mail from their tech-support:



    I can't wait.
    I hope this is true.
    At Joost the only thing they have said is they will have a Joost for Linux.
    I have been there for awhile and no info that they even started to make it yet.
    I thought they still didn't decide on how it was going to be installed.
    They could at least make page that has the requirements.
    Last edited by freeforall079; June 6th, 2007 at 07:51 AM.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    11

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Hello everyone

    I just installed Joost and everything went well but when i lauch Joost and it comes up with the Username and password i cant type anything Please help

    Thanks
    HNic

  10. #120
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewitt View Post
    I spoke too soon. It still does work, but it takes a LOT longer to start (try 5-6 minutes). Note that I am using a code snapshout though, so it could be a problem with the snapshot, and not the final release of wine.

    Also, the new wine (0.9.38) has now hit the repo. I'll post results about that in a few hours, when I get the chance to build it.
    With the version of wine in the repo (0.9.38 ), Joost will run, although it does appear to be slower (than previous versions of wine).

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •