Thread: Educational linux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Educational linux

Hi:
    I know that one reason some of my relatives don't change to linux is becuase the have little kids and according to them there are no programs for kids available in linux. I just found an article about freeduc
    http://business.newsforge.com/busine...l?tid=35&tid=2
    and decide to tried it. I must say I let my 10 year old cousin tired the live CD on her laptop and she loves it. She is going crazy trying to use all the programs, the best part is that my aunt lalso loves the games. she is always worries that some kids games are too violents and not educational enough. Well now my cousin wants me to install all those programs in her computers that way she does not has to run the live Cd. I don't think that all of them are availabel for ubuntu, but some of them have debian packages. Just figure I would let some of you know maybe most of you know about it already.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Educational linux

Hey I have been looking for something like this i wanted to install Ubuntu on several older computers at a day care but they need games to play so that they learn something. Thanks for the link!!
    In a world without walls who needs Windows??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

i just happened to install ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) on my sons pc yesterday. there are some ubuntu games on there for kids now..called junior games ...aimed at primary school kids. they are in synaptic under miscellaneous (universe)

you might wanna give that a go.
    Last edited by Liz; August 1st, 2005 at 02:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

anyway I can download those packages and then put them on a CD so I can install to several PCs at a daycare?
    In a world without walls who needs Windows??