Thread: California LoCo Team Leadership

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

California LoCo Team Leadership

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Carl Agbayani and I have been given control to the California LoCo Team.

First off, since California is a large state, the need for City/Regional Leads is going to be very helpful to me. Anyone interested in leading one of the following regions, please PM me:

-Los Angeles
    -San Francisco
    -San Jose
    -Central California

Now, if I have missed a region that you think may need a Lead, please PM me.

Second, please join the Mailing List: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ca
    This will help us with our LoCo Team communications.

Third, I need volunteer web developers to help create the California LoCo Website. If interested, please PM me.

Inputs welcome and let's get this OS more market penetration!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: California LoCo Team Leadership

Please consider me a resource for the IE (Riverside, San Bernardino). I also have setup a google partner page for this. http://www.socalopensource.org-a.googlepages.com/

I have the ability on it to create mailing list and up to 200 accounts for email as part of @Socalopensource.org .
    I would also like to make it a free standing organization as an 503(c) non-profit to support FOSS . I also PM'd you with more info.

Jeff Grayson

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Jeff,

I look forward to working with you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Greetings..,

I am residing in CenCal.., San Luis Obispo.., to be exact.., and of course I am willing to help..., also what sort of web-design are you seeking? What sort of features do you seek? I am skilled at most genres of web design to include skinning and templating many various forum scripts (MyBB, VB, IPB, PHPBB.., Wordpress themes, Drupal themes, Joomla themes, Elxis Themes, PHP Nuke themes.., I also have worked with many various scripts. I can do pages in html, some php, etc.., I guess I am an all around kinda guy when it comes to web-design..., the only thing I cant stand to do is Flash. So if you need any help in the web design department let me know. I know that the Ubuntu main site is based now off of Drupal and VB , plus Moin Moin Wiki and it it used to be based off of plone cms..., all of these scripts i have worked with at one point or another.
    Last edited by vintagedaddyo; May 19th, 2007 at 02:01 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Live in the greater LA area. My strong points are web development, and I can offer to contribute on that end. Not sure what it takes to lead a local sub-group though. I am open to discussing the details with you, if you are still looking for LA leaders, and if you are willing to work with a LoCo newb .

Any, look forward to working with you all!

- Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Heya,

I just moved to Felton, San Jose area, from New Mexico. My primary focus is in Web Dev, PHP & Java, involved in various well-known websites. I took part in the LoCo team in NM, and would be happy to help here in any way I can.

I'm best reached on IRC, I'll hang out in #ubuntu-california.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I live in the Long Beach area and am a computer consultant for the greater LA/OC area (all Windows, would like to change that).

I do a little Web Dev, C++ and perl as well as general Linux administration. Security is my main goal and I'm an avid SSH fan.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Nice to meet all of you.

If you have not joined the Mailing List yet, please do so:
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ca

I look forward in helping all of you make this a great LoCo.

Beans

Hello, I am new to this forum and brand new to Ubuntu and Linux, thus far i love it, and I especially love the concept behind it.

I am not much into the technical workings of Ubuntu but I love its social ramifications and I would love to promote it!!

I reside in the San Fernando Valley/Greater Los Angeles region and I think I would be great to help promote Ubuntu and Linux at my school ny spreading the word, installing it on computers, distributing copies, as well as creating a club that can help.

Basically I want to head up a division in my region based on promotion and I can do that by helping to establish clubs and also continuing Ubuntu's facebook profile.

I really look forward to working with all of you, and I sincerely hopes this works out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Miga17,

Please join the Ubuntu California Mailing List.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ca

There is more information there and I believe there is a meeting tonight on IRC. Contact Flannel, he is heading up the LoCo now.

Good luck.