Thread: HP C3180 installation help needed!!!!

Beans

HP C3180 installation help needed!!!!

I am a mac user.

I had HP C3180 all-in-one printer successfully installed, but the scanner stopped working. I uninstalled everything, emptied trash can, and looked for the CD to re-install, but I seem to have misplaced it!

Please, is there someone way to download something off the internet to install my printer?

ANY help would be appreciated!!!! THANKS!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HP C3180 installation help needed!!!!

are you using the printer in windows, or ubuntu? because the driver cd won't work with linux.

I am a mac user.

I had HP C3180 all-in-one printer successfully installed, but the scanner stopped working. I uninstalled everything, emptied trash can, and looked for the CD to re-install, but I seem to have misplaced it!

Please, is there someone way to download something off the internet to install my printer?

ANY help would be appreciated!!!! THANKS!
    Moving this to the Mac Forum because that seems to be what the operating system is.

Go to HP.com and look under software and driver downloads. (on the main page halfway down on the left.)
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

If you'd like to install the C3180 in ubuntu linux. go to System>Administration>Printing wait for it to load. Then double click on add printer. This will bring up the add printer dialog. Do not choose the printer out of the white box. Instead use the second option "use another printer by specifing a port". After selecting this printer just click next until its added.

Beans

First try repairing permissions...
    iBook G4: 1.33 Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 40 Gb HD
    Mac OS X Leopard v.10.5.2
    PC: Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 40 Gb HD
    Ubuntu Edgy!

Beans

i have a HP PHOTOSMART C3180 printer that i have installed for UNBUNTU but it does not print anything. Can anybody help me on this issue.