Thread: Parsix linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Parsix linux?

Quote Originally Posted by molom View Post
    100% agree with you
    Parsix should be as well known as Mepis in my view
    I agree. It's an amazing distro. Anyone who is having trouble with Ubuntu should definitely give it a go. It's uses less resources. It's faster. My computer certainly runs a bit quieter since I've installed it.

The only problem I've had is registering for their forums. I never did get a email with the code.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vorian Grey View Post
    I agree. It's an amazing distro. Anyone who is having trouble with Ubuntu should definitely give it a go. It's uses less resources. It's faster. My computer certainly runs a bit quieter since I've installed it.

The only problem I've had is registering for their forums. I never did get a email with the code.
    You and me think alike

As for the Parsix forums, I have an account and made like 15 posts, but I don't seem to fit in their. And I don't like the layout either, there are no categories, everything is unorganised in the forums, unlike their amazing distro

Have Parsix on an IBM laptop, it works like a charm, but I wish Linux was able to use the sleep and hibernate functions, don't understand why thats never worked

Wander what XFCE on Debian is like. DreamLinux doesn't seem the be right, their like trying to be a mac or something, XFCE is for being light, not for good looks. Would be great if their was a XFCE Parsix.

Cheers,
    molom

Beans

Have Parsix on an IBM laptop, it works like a charm, but I wish Linux was able to use the sleep and hibernate functions, don't understand why thats never worked
    I have an IBM Thinkpad T60 and sleep works in Ubuntu Hardy, Fedora 8 and 9, Zenwalk, Slackware, openSUSE 10.3 and 11.
    So I'm not sure why your model is borked with sleep mode.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    I have an IBM Thinkpad T60 and sleep works in Ubuntu Hardy, Fedora 8 and 9, Zenwalk, Slackware, openSUSE 10.3 and 11.
    So I'm not sure why your model is borked with sleep mode.
    I could never get sleep to work on my laptop or my desktop, can't understand why??? Maybe Hardy has improved that feature, maybe because Lenny is still the Testing base. I don't know. I couldn't get Ubuntu or Linux Mint to sleep also.

Beans

@Vorian Grey: Check your sig. I doubt if you meant "Parsix Linus"

Beans

I could never get sleep to work on my laptop or my desktop, can't understand why??? Maybe Hardy has improved that feature, maybe because Lenny is still the Testing base. I don't know. I couldn't get Ubuntu or Linux Mint to sleep also.
    Yes, until Hardy, sleep mode has never worked for me in Ubuntu when using the ATI drivers. But Hardy fixed that for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    Yes, until Hardy, sleep mode has never worked for me in Ubuntu when using the ATI drivers. But Hardy fixed that for me.
    Ok that is the only good thing I find in Ubuntu now
    Will it make me switch back to Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu and Linux Mint... No...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cardinals_fan View Post
    @Vorian Grey: Check your sig. I doubt if you meant "Parsix Linus"
    No. Thanks for that.

Molom, I think as the distro grows a bit the forums will too. As the forums grow you will see more categories and such. It just takes time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vorian Grey View Post
    No. Thanks for that.

Molom, I think as the distro grows a bit the forums will too. As the forums grow you will see more categories and such. It just takes time.
    Thanks
    I should try to be more optimistic.

Beans
    Distro

To me, Parsix does with Debian testing what sidux does for Sid.....it makes it usable. Testing is quick and light but it can also break. With Parsix you get the advantages of testing with no breakage.

We'll probably get Debian testing fans posting in here and they'll say "my testing never breaks." That may be true but if you didn't know what your were doing it would break. You have to learn when it's safe to upgrade and when it's not.

With Parsix you don't have to worry about that. Plus, you get all the newest Debian has to offer. It's a very sweet deal. I ran Testing for a while. I loved it but it was a pain to configure. Now I can have easy to configure and no breakage while running Testing. Cool.
    Last edited by Vorian Grey; August 8th, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast