If you don't like the "stretched" look of the fonts and window titles on a widescreen (kind of like my stupid Toshiba lcd tv that won't go "fullscreen" on demand, so everyone in a widescreen movie looks distorted) I have some font setting suggestions. It occurred to me that condensed fonts would cure the stretch, so with some experiment I found that Dejavu and Dejavu sans condensed for the primary fonts and Dejavu mono for the fixed-width (terminal) font looks good, and the mysteriously named "Al-Mothnna" makes a nice font for the window titles. Dejavu mono is especially good for the fixed-width font because the small "L" and numeral "1" are very distinct and can't be confused for each other.

I find the whole font package intriguing--why all the arabic names for western fonts? The fonts all look like standard Roman fonts that weren't invented in the middle east--could it be that they were deposited in open source repositories by programmers in countries where the rights of the font developers aren't recognized? That would be a big problem for Ubuntu and Canonical up the road, so I hope they've looked into this. (And might offer up an explanation for us mystified). It does no good to shun proprietary drivers and then up the road be forced to pay for proprietary fonts that were used without permission...

And while we're all tweaking our installations, did anybody find that the Windows folder migrator didn't work well? Ubuntu only migrated a couple of my folders from "my documents" and ignored all the obvious stuff (non-private, unencrypted folders on the same level of the hierarchy) such as "my pictures" and "my spreadsheets". It brought over some Windows system-created folders containing useless download files...