Hi,
@ jaywalker13,
I'm sorry I'm really new to linux, I really don't know what the error means, if you have qtjackctl installed you shouldn't need to run it from the terminal it has a GUI with it, the fact that your US-122 isn't coming on all the time is going to cause you problems as well.

@dahouse,
This is what I did, Open a terminal, type in "sudo gedit" and the path to your "rules.d" folder (i.e. sudo gedit/etc/udev/rules.d/55-tascam.rules) The gedit program should open a new window with your 55-tascam.rules file to edit. Delete any text that is already there. Copy and paste this: "BUS=="usb", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idProduct}=="8006", SYSFS{idVendor}=="1604", RUN+="/bin/sh -c '/sbin/fxload -D %N -s /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/tascam_loader.ihx -I /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/us122fw.ihx'"
BUS=="usb", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idProduct}=="8007", SYSFS{idVendor}=="1604", RUN+="/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/usx2yloader'"

Save your 55-tascam.rules file and you should be good to go.

PS: The best thing to do would be to copy the above text string directly from http://alsa.opensrc.org/Tascam_US-122 if mine doesn't work.