Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHFS AUTOmount on Feisty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: SSHFS AUTOmount on Feisty

I got a bit of a weird problem. I followed the How-To and had everything working perfectly. I was away this week, and was able to access files on my server from the hotel easily.

I was working in my office this morning, listening to some music located on my server. I left for lunch, and when I got back, I noticed the the icon for the MusicOnServer was gone. All the others (Movies, Fun, E-Books) were still there. I stop the network and restarted it, I rebooted the computer, nothing worked.

When I try to run the mount script manually, I get a message stating that /media/MusicOnServer failed to mount as #1000.

I then logged onto the server with sftp (through Gnome), and checked the properties of the folder...It shows #1000.

I'm not sure of what to do next.

-----

Ok, after posting here, I went and looked in /media/MusicOnServer. There was a folder. I deleted it, ran the mount script, and it's back!
    Last edited by Groover20; October 17th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Me again... I updgraded to Karmic earlier this week, and I had to comment out the SSH mount in my FSTAB. It was as if it was slowing the computer right down, and making it very unstable.

I'm able to get it to work for 1 drive at the time, but I can't seem to mount all my drives at once, as it was the case in Jaunty.

Anybody else had the same issue?

Beans

works for me on 9.10, and seems to mount consistently, but doesn't show the mount point in nautilus with the others? is that normal?

Beans

I'm not home to check, but I mount everything in /mnt and then link back to the folders. I know that multiple links show up within nautilus and I'm fairly confident that all of the mount points are displayed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi,
    I am using Ubuntu Hardy Heron. I followed the guide and now I can mount to remote filesystems just using mount /mountpoint. Anyway they are not automatically mounted at startup, even if my wireless connection is up and working.

Then if I try to run the script manually I get this:

(workspace/ferro and workspace/prediction are my local mount points)

Code:
    [carlo@pynchon:~]$ ls workspace/ferro                             (01-04 00:57)
    [carlo@pynchon:~]$ /etc/network/if-up.d/mountsshfs                (01-04 01:01)
    read: Connection reset by peer
    /home/carlo/workspace/prediction failed to mount as current user (carlo)
    /home/carlo/workspace/ferro mounted as current user (carlo)
    [carlo@pynchon:~]$ ls workspace/prediction                        (01-04 01:01)
    [carlo@pynchon:~]$ mount workspace/prediction                     (01-04 01:02)
    [carlo@pynchon:~]$ ls workspace/prediction                        (01-04 01:02)
    BCK_style.css          css  index.php    no_style.css  style.css
    calendar-icons.tar.gz  img  license.txt  scripts       system
    Any idea why it doesn't work properly?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hey Darwin Award Winner:

Brilliant! Your process/scripts worked flawlessly on my new Karmic Koala system, accessing a remote WD MyBook NAS drive.

Thanks so much for posting and updating this stuff. Very much appreciated.

BTW...how did you earn your moniker? Or are you posting from beyond the grave? LOL

Beans

Wow, thanks this is wonderful. Works flawlessly in 10.4 (using beta 2 right now).

Beans

This guide worked for me today in Ubuntu 9.10 with a few small modifications.

In step 2, I had to set /etc/fuse.conf global readable before I could mount without errors:
    Code:
    sudo chmod o+r /etc/fuse.conf
    GNOME did not automagically create a new icon for me on the desktop or in Nautilus at first because I had chosen /mnt/sshfs/homeserver as my mount point. I changed my mount point to /media/sshfs/homeserver and remounted and the new icons appeared immediately.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chaeron View Post
    BTW...how did you earn your moniker? Or are you posting from beyond the grave? LOL
    That's the joke. I originally came up with it when playing online shooting games -- the kind where your average lifespan is measured in seconds.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: SSHFS AUTOmount on Fesity, Gutsy, Hardy, Intrepid

Sorry, I'm not reading the next 10 pages of posts. But I have a suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin Award Winner View Post
    Finally, and very importantly, you must have set up PASSWORDLESS login to the ssh host that you wish to mount. For details on how to set this up, go here. A non-automatic variation of this howto is possible without passowrdless logins.
    The link is bad. So let me recommend:
    http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/152
    which was very easy for me to follow.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast