Thread: Events in Connecticut

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb Events in Connecticut

Hey everybody, why not use this post to put down any computer-related or possibly interesting things going on that other people may also be interested in?

Since Connecticut isn't that large of a state, just about anything in the state is accessible in a reasonable amount of time.

Can also post things that are going on in neighboring states or places not all that far away too (for example, I hear people here in Hartford talking about going to Keane,NH or Brattleboro,VT like it was nothing).

Should put some information in the Subject of your post (name and date?) and then add any further information in the body including links to the event's website if there are any.
    Last edited by Dragonbite; May 1st, 2007 at 02:06 PM.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

DACS General Meeting May 1, 2007

Today (sorry for the short notice), May 1rst at 7:00 pm
    Danbury Area Computer Society (DACS) General Meeting

http://www.dacs.org
    Smart Computing Magazine

Our treat for the Spring will be a visit from Smart Computing Magazine. On behalf of Sandhills Publishing, the magazine’s publisher, Marcy Kremer will be the speaker at our general meeting on Tuesday, May 1, 2007.
    DACS meetings are held at the Danbury Hospital auditorium. Activities begin at 6:30 p.m. with registration and casual networking. The meeting starts at 7:00 p.m. with a general question and answer period (Ask DACS) and a discussion of what’s new in technology followed by a short break. The featured evening presentation begins at 8:00.

As a reminder, our General Meetings are free and open to the public so invite anyone you know who would be interested in this topic.

Beans

Re: Events in Connecticut

The DACS meeting looks sort of interesting ... unfortunately I am coaching T-Ball this evening. Should I post the results of the feisty upgrade here ... I did 10, they are finally done.

Also, it is not completely official but it looks like Dell is going to offer Ubuntu as an OS choice for three of their systems. Pretty neat ... I want the first one

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Events in Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by scot524 View Post
    The DACS meeting looks sort of interesting ... unfortunately I am coaching T-Ball this evening. Should I post the results of the feisty upgrade here ... I did 10, they are finally done.

Also, it is not completely official but it looks like Dell is going to offer Ubuntu as an OS choice for three of their systems. Pretty neat ... I want the first one
    "Yes Virginia, there really IS a Santa Clause." (Dell, It's Official)
    Last edited by Dragonbite; May 1st, 2007 at 04:02 PM.