Quote Originally Posted by anystupidname View Post
I'm looking for a clonezilla unetbootin. Has somebody already created one? If not, how hard is it to use an already created ISO to generate my own package? I'm on Ubuntu and have really been liking the partedmagic and other unetbootin packages. Thanks!
Read the sections titled "Installing Other Distributions Using UNetbootin" and "Packaging UNetbootin for Other Distributions" from http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html (the first is simply if you want to load CloneZilla, the second is if you want to make a new UNetbootin package for CloneZilla to redistribute en masse). From the site:

Installing Other Distributions Using UNetbootin

Download the Generic UNetbootin Loader, and supply it with the appropriate floppy/hard disk image, or kernel and initrd files when prompted (see first screenshot). See your distribution's FTP mirrors, or the contents of the iso file, to find these files. If special booting options and parameters are required for the kernel, check the distribution's boot configuration files (usually after the "kernel" line in either isolinux.cfg, syslinux.cfg, menu.lst, or grub.conf) and supply them on the "Option" line.
Packaging UNetbootin for Other Distributions

Thanks to UNetbootin's portable architecture, it is easy to add support for other distributions. If you would like to create UNetbootin packages for other distributions, first make sure you have installed the "bzr", "alien", "fakeroot", and "wine" utilities, which are installable through your package manager, then check out the source with the command:

bzr checkout http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~gezakov...otin/devel-new

Then add the name of the distribution, referred to here as {distroname}, into the file "targetdistros" in the checked-out source, add the netboot initrd and kernel, with the naming scheme "ubninit-{distroname}" and "ubnkern-{distroname}" into the "initkern" folder, then cd to the source directory, and run the command:

./build

Then, the ".exe", ".deb", ".rpm", and ".sh" packages for distribution will be created in the "dist" directory. More info is available in the readme file in the source folder.
If you're wondering where the kernel and initrd files can be found, they can generally be found in the "isolinux" or "boot" subdirectories, titled either "kernel" "vmlinuz", "bzImage", and similar names for the kernel file, and "initrd.img", "initrd.gz", or the like for the initrd file.

hi i was interested in trying this as i cant use cdrom as ide has died.. but i have 1 main problem and that is alot of distros haven't supported my network card on start of installer i am currently using debian etch but feel like a change... but only reason i came here is because someone was helping me find a way of netinstalling a different distro and i would like to try the newest ubuntu 8.04 but i need to know if this would support my onboard lan card otherwise this is going to pose a problem unless theres a way i can install the network drivers on before install so it will continue and that ubuntu would support the lan card when i have finished install. the network card is 01:08.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
Given the package merge from Debian, the network card will probably be supported, but if you're still unsure, just install the package and reboot; if the netboot installation works, then your card is supported you're good to go, and if it fails, just reboot back, remove the package, and your system will be back to normal.