Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fredericksburg anybody?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Fredericksburg anybody?

Anybody in the F'burg / Spoty area? Just back on Ubuntu after a two year absence when I got complacent and just used XP. Bad me, bad me. Feisty installed on my Dell Inspiron 600, without a problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Fredericksburg anybody?

Glad to have you back. I'm from Galax, Va. The first thing we need to do is find all the Ubuntu users in Va. and get them to join. We could have a lot of fun with this.
    Eddie
    Iguana

Registered Linux User #490719

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'm about 30 minutes down the road from Fredericksburg.. Just up Route 3 in the rapidly becoming well known Culpeper..

Just don't complain about our traffic

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hey MilosDusan, I think I helped you with getting XMMS to play your music by default?

I used to go up to Fredericksburg for work, at the Hecht's/Macy's in the mall. I also went to a few car meets up there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by srt4play View Post
    Hey MilosDusan, I think I helped you with getting XMMS to play your music by default?

I used to go up to Fredericksburg for work, at the Hecht's/Macy's in the mall. I also went to a few car meets up there.
    Yup, I do believe you did.. After a .. um .. eh .. 10 year lapse from Linux, I finally came back!! *does a dance* .. Seems things have changed up a bit (for the better) since then... Back then it was all servers run out of a basement..... and now? .. Pfft.. no point in running your own web/pop/smtp server on a home account..

You think some of today's issues are hard? I think I was the first to ever get the first generation DirecPC satellite system working on linux - woot! 100kbps down... 4kpbs up.. haha.. *sniff* memories..

I actually used to live down in Richmond.. Lived there for nearly 8 years before heading back up here.. Ever do any car meets in Richmond? I may have met you live

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yeah Linux sure has progressed over the time I've used it. I started with Linux4Win and remember spending so much time just trying to get the sound card to work, and such a feeling of accomplishment when it did.

I used to go to the meets by Kroger downtown but stopped after almost getting into some serious trouble. Now I just go to the dragstrip in Dinwiddie occasionally.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Srt4play I live about ten miles south of the race track. I don't go there much. I have been on Ubuntu now for about four months but have not changed over my other computer as of yet. My wife likes Windows. I am working on her and we will see how that goes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

My girlfriend actually asked for me to put Ubuntu on her laptop because she was tired of virus problems in Windows. She's been using it for 6 months and loves it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

About an 2 Hours away (if memory serves me right) in Roanoke. On my first true install of a deb based distro (Xubuntu)

Beans
    Hidden!

I think Roanoke is farther away than 2 hours. It's been a while since I've been to F-burg, but I remember that trip taking much longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast