Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Status of name

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Status of name

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    Well, at first I was a bit demoralized by Jane's rejection of our proposed name (I kind of liked that name), but having a name unassociated with Ubuntu also leaves things more open. What if this script gets ported to other Debian-based distros, for example (which I'm not 100% about, but I'd think would just entail changing sudo to su). Who knows?

If I come up with other possibilities, I'll post them here. Same for you, I hope.
    well, i'm still kinda hoping that we will be able to hash it out with jane. if we don't hear from her in the next day or two, i think we should send a followup asking "what's up"

but yea, i'll also think about it and see if i can come up with anything good. i did rather well last time with "ubuntuzilla", though. would be so sad to give it up.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    slickupdate seems to be available, but easyzilla appears to be in use as a domain name for an "adult" website.
    hehe

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Now that it's been two months and no word from Jane Silber, should we change the name to something else?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    Now that it's been two months and no word from Jane Silber, should we change the name to something else?
    i'd say quite the contrary - stick with it until they come to us of their own accord and tell us to change it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123