Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we need a logo ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Do we need a logo ???

I was looking at what some of the other LoCo groups have, and came up with this idea, it is by no means a finished and ready to use item, but more of a seed for ideas ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Do we need a logo ???

It's cool! I don't know if we really need one yet, but that's the spirit at any rate. Do you know if we are doing the IRC thing on Wednesday or Thursday?

Beans

It's cool! I don't know if we really need one yet, but that's the spirit at any rate. Do you know if we are doing the IRC thing on Wednesday or Thursday?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hasn't been officially decided yet, but it looks like it is going to be Thursday.
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I think I'll add a gasoline pump with some dollar signs on it ...

Beans

Nice .... definitely appropriate!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

3 McMansions holding hand in a circle (one red, one orange, one yellow)
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I say we steal Dragonbite's

I like Dragonbite's avatar, I say we shake him down for it--hand it over, matey! Remember, this is open source--what's yours is ours...
    Last edited by Razzl; April 25th, 2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: csws* *can't spell worth...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: I say we steal Dragonbite's

Quote Originally Posted by Razzl View Post
    I like Dragonbite's avatar, I say we shake him down for it--hand it over, matey! Remember, this is open source--what's yours is ours...
    I have a friend who is graphic designer - say a word and I ask her to create us a logo.

I think most appropriate would be somehing CT-specific in the center of ubuntu circle. Question is, what is CT-specific. Charter oak? Map? It does not have obvious to non-CT people

IMHO Dragonbite can keep his avatar - we can get CT map in logo-matching color...

Dragonbite, I like the "idea" of your avatar tho.

When googling for Connecticut images, first non-map is Charter oak from the quarter, and state flag. another nice stylized oak

Then, much later, submarines, and this beryl from Haddam - btw it is dirty yellow-greenish color. wikipedia pictures IMHO anything except "the birthplace of George W bush" is fine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just threw together my avatar/logo to get something started.

I am thinking that we should start with brain-storming ideas and concepts, an "anything goes" collection of possibilities. Anybody and everybody should consider submitting something, not just artists need apply because this can be just rough ideas which somebody can build further on.

It does not have to be polished or professional looking. Rough lines and off/missing colors and the like are fine, it is the concept that we're looking for in the beginning.

Let's get our brains free-thinking and see what comes out! I think as people start seeing samples, more ideas will come to mind and who knows where we'll end up!

pmasiar, and everybody else, if your graphic artist friend wants to throw some ideas in, great! We may also use him/her to help formalize the chosen design idea too.

Has anybody used ImageShack or know of a good place we could upload images to so that everybody can look through them?

EDIT:
    We already have an Ubuntu-Connecticut Google Group which, with membership, you are able to upload files. You need a Google account (does not require a Gmail account) to upload but anybody can view the images already uploaded. If you'd rather not bother with another account, email me and I will post it up there for you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It could be submitted as
    • Worked in a program such as
      for Linux : Gimp, Krita, Inkscape
      for Windows: Paint.NET (a good, open source, free, non-Microsoft program and what I used), Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro
    • Drawn on paper and scanned in
      (.jpg, .png or .gif formats)
    • Typed description
      (i.e. "A tree growing out of a silhouette of the state with the ubuntu logo surrounding the trunk")
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ideas on what says "Connecticut"?
    • Map
    • Charter Oak
    • Mystic Seaport & Tall Ships
    • Submarines
    • Husky (UConn)
    • Sperm Whale (stop giggling.. it's our state animal!)
    • High Gas/Taxes/House prices
    • Colonial-type stuff (tri-corner hats, minutemen, muskets)
    • What does Connecticut tourist material include?
    • Connecticut Yankee in King Aurthur's Court (or just about anything Mark Twain)
    • Fall Foliage
    Last edited by Dragonbite; April 26th, 2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: update Google Account information
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast