Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 673

Thread: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Musampa View Post
    From Gnome/KDE comparison:



    That option you can't find anywhere? Thats what 'screen edge' does.
    What does screen edge mean as a setting? Thats that option you can't find anywhere.

    Thanks. Good to know.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Hello, aysiu.

    An older version of the tutorials used to list a guide to manually partitioning during the installation process. Is it still online somewhere? I found it really helpful.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by kstella View Post
    Hello, aysiu.

    An older version of the tutorials used to list a guide to manually partitioning during the installation process. Is it still online somewhere? I found it really helpful.
    Maybe one of these?
    http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingdapperedgy
    http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingfeisty
    http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/installinghardy

    I think the installer menus look a little different now.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Beans
    1,246
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    nvm

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Batavia, NY
    Beans
    775
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Hi,
    After looking over this page:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome , I was wondering if you might have a simpler GUI method of doing this with a clean install. For a lot of new people, they don't have enough data to need to try to save it.
    I have thought of doing one myself, but you seem to have quite a talent at building these how-to's.
    Just a thought! I know I muddled my way through it in an ugly manner a few years ago...

    kthx!
    Registered Linux user #413419.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    That sounds like a good idea. I'll put it on my to-do list with low priority.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Beans
    369

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Hi. When I first installed Ubuntu I did a dual boot. I was following a tutorial on line and had printed it out and went step by step to set up the dual boot with XP. I installed the Hardy 8.04. There wasn't anything mentioned about a /home in any of the tutorials shown. I had done it by the first step where you use the slider and measure how much you want to give both. When the next LTS comes out I'm planning on going full Ubuntu since I don't even go to the XP side of the house. So, I would be one of those who would greatly appreciate a step by step in installing a "Fresh/Clean" install and adding a /home at that time. I've read your tutorial that you have now and since I'm new at this am afraid that I would probably mess something up by creating one now. I know that it probably would be helpful from what everyone says to have a /home, but would need to do it when the next LTS comes out. I'm looking forward for your new tutorial. I always enjoy reading your comments. I learn a lot from them. As I said, I never seen anything anywhere talking about creating a /home in the tutorials I was reading and watching the videos before creating the dual boot. A question that remains in my mind is will we really need a /home to have a "Fresh/Clean" install when I tell it to completely install over everything. Please advise as to that.
    Thank you very much.
    Tom
    Debian Testing and Debian Stable
    Hp Pavilion a1440n,GeForce 7300LE,2.0GB mem,250GB HD. Asus A53S Laptop running Debian 64bit Mate.
    Ubuntu user Number:#31469, Linux Registered number:511570

  8. #258
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-san View Post
    Hi,
    After looking over this page:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome , I was wondering if you might have a simpler GUI method of doing this with a clean install. For a lot of new people, they don't have enough data to need to try to save it.
    I have thought of doing one myself, but you seem to have quite a talent at building these how-to's.
    Just a thought! I know I muddled my way through it in an ugly manner a few years ago...

    kthx!
    All right. It's done:
    http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/installseparatehome

    And it's also linked-to off the main installation tutorial.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    127
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Hey, on this page, linked to from the main sidebar:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kdegnome

    ...at the very bottom, you can find a link to this page:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/gnome

    which is about installing GNOME on top of KDE. It's extremely out of date. Perhaps the link to it should be removed?

    Thanks again for the great guides, I'm following one right now as it happens

  10. #260
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero Xenith View Post
    Hey, on this page, linked to from the main sidebar:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kdegnome

    ...at the very bottom, you can find a link to this page:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/gnome

    which is about installing GNOME on top of KDE. It's extremely out of date. Perhaps the link to it should be removed?

    Thanks again for the great guides, I'm following one right now as it happens
    Actually, it's completely up-to-date in terms of instructions. You install the ubuntu-desktop metapackage, log out, select the Gnome session, and log back in.

    It's the screenshots that are out-of-date. I'll put that on my to-do list.

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •