Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

I want to say thank you for the help your site has given me and many others. Thanks especially for the /home partition article. Will be very helpful for new installs.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. Your blog is very interesting.
    Last edited by koji042; July 25th, 2008 at 02:24 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You're welcome.

And thanks for reading my blog. I know no one agrees 100% with the stuff I say, but I do hope people (like you, for example) find it interesting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I particularly enjoyed the essay you wrote about the various types of OS zealots, it was a while ago, but still holds true today.

Beans

aysiu, I searched for you on twitter and I think you are on there, but you haven't updated in a year. Any chance we can get updates through there?
    Acer Aspire 3680, Intel Celeron M, 1.41 GB RAM
    Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey, just wanted to tell you that the line on http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/security#recoveryrisk saying: "There is a fifteen-minute "timeout" for sudo. If you launch one command with sudo, you'll be prompted for a command" should probably say "you'll be prompted for a password" instead.

great tutorials

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

aysiu,

I noticed that you are an Eee PC user. Can you write about netbooks on your blog or on a thread? I am thinking of buying an Eee PC 1000 as my main and only computer or a relatively cheap 12" laptop. What can you recommend to people like me?

How do you survive with your Eee PC, which Eee PC do you have, is it your only laptop, and what are the things that you can do with your netbook and the things that you cannot do?
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by wersdaluv View Post
    aysiu,

I noticed that you are an Eee PC user. Can you write about netbooks on your blog or on a thread? I am thinking of buying an Eee PC 1000 as my main and only computer or a relatively cheap 12" laptop. What can you recommend to people like me?

How do you survive with your Eee PC, which Eee PC do you have, is it your only laptop, and what are the things that you can do with your netbook and the things that you cannot do?
    I've blogged about it a bit here:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/tag/asus-eee-pc/

Let me know if there's other info you'd like to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticMind View Post
    hey, just wanted to tell you that the line on http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/security#recoveryrisk saying: "There is a fifteen-minute "timeout" for sudo. If you launch one command with sudo, you'll be prompted for a command" should probably say "you'll be prompted for a password" instead.

great tutorials
    Thanks for catching that! I've fixed it.

Beans
    Distro

Great posts! Thanks for leading me to them. Those things just aren't too relevant to me now since I'm looking at netbooks with 10" screen, the Eee PC 1000 MSI Wind. The competition is different now. Another thing is the fact that dual core Atom is coming out. It's getting harder for consumers to settle with products now.

Well, it seems to be offtopic but what I want to say is that I want you to talk about the netbooks that are available today and in the near future. Hehe

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I don't really know much apart from my own experience with the 701. Maybe you might want to check with some of the people posting in this thread? Mini Laptops / Netbooks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    I don't really know much apart from my own experience with the 701. Maybe you might want to check with some of the people posting in this thread? Mini Laptops / Netbooks
    Okay. Thanks. I hope that you find out about the latest netbooks because I want your wisdom. hehe. Replace your 701 when the dual core atoms come out. hehe. I don't think you would do that, though because you're practical.

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast