Thread: Quake 3 Widescreen Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quake 3 Widescreen Problem

Hey there. I finally got my widescreen monitor working (1440x900) as well as my other LCD (1280x1024) in TwinView.

I installed Quake 3 and am having troubles with the widescreen resolutions. I set them up using the r_ commands as in Windows, but when I boot it up, it is as if the screen is 2 inchs too far down, leaving a huge black bar at the top of my screen. The game is in the right resolution, Its just that the HUD is cut off.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by deevus; April 10th, 2007 at 03:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Quake 3 Widescreen Problem

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Btw, I am using Feisty Fawn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

You might try our Ubuntu Game Forum for such support. I don't have twinviews (god I wish I had) or Quake 3.

Beans
    Distro

Oh just to clarify, I don;t want to play Quake 3 with dual monitors. I only want it to use one of them (the widescreen one), lol.

I think I know what the issue is.. Since the height of the 5:4 is 1024, and the widescreen is 900, theres over 100 pixels below where the taskbar is. This is assuming the total resolution would be considered as 2720x1024, which would leave the 124 x 1440 that I can't see blow the taskbar. Lol...confuses myself even to read that.

Okay, considering that! Quake3 must be aligned bottom left of my screen, causing the problem. Is there a way to make it align to the top left?

Beans
    Distro

Is it only a Quake 3 problem?

If so you might want to to quake 3 config file (it should be in something like ~/.quake3)

Beans
    Distro

No idea dude. Its the only game I've tried since upgrading to Feisty, and beforehand, I didn't have TwinView working. I doubt there will be an option in the config. It might have something to do with how TwinView deals with fullscreen applications.

Beans
    Distro

Have been reading a bit up on the twin issue. As I understand it you have to add Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone" in your xorg.conf to get the thing you wanted.

There should be a readme for nvidia which might be helpful in /usr/share/doc/ on your system.