Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Encode video for a Cowon iAudio D2 (MP3 player)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Encode video for a Cowon iAudio D2 (MP3 player)

Glad someone else found it useful. I've not taken a look at the script for a long time, so I've not updated it I'm afraid (I don't watch much video on my D2 anymore).

But, in case it's useful, I found a video tutorial - I reckon this is a much simpler approach in the long run:

http://unix-tutorial.blogspot.com/2007/07/cowon-d2-avidemux-howto.html

It has worked for me - I've just tried converting an MPEG. I think for some videos, the sound may need re-encoding to MP3 - it should work for most without re-encoding the audio though.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by dcs3jah View Post
    Glad someone else found it useful. I've not taken a look at the script for a long time, so I've not updated it I'm afraid (I don't watch much video on my D2 anymore).

But, in case it's useful, I found a video tutorial - I reckon this is a much simpler approach in the long run:

http://unix-tutorial.blogspot.com/2007/07/cowon-d2-avidemux-howto.html

It has worked for me - I've just tried converting an MPEG. I think for some videos, the sound may need re-encoding to MP3 - it should work for most without re-encoding the audio though.
    Thanks for the link to Avidemux. Great little program.

Beans

Awesome!!

Beans

I have tried both, and the Iriverter method works better. The Nautilus script unfortunately squashed one of my videos too much, so the people looked very thin instead of normal width. Iriverter it is.

Beans

Arrow Re: HOWTO: Encode video for a Cowon iAudio D2 (MP3 player)

thank you
    Last edited by kiev; February 18th, 2008 at 05:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Man this is driving me nuts....I just got a D2 for the wife's B-Day, and so far trying to get video on it has been fruitless. I've tried iriverter with the D2 profile, but no matter what I try to change the audio is always WAY loud/overmodulated. I tried Avidemux, following the exact steps in that video tutorial, and the video won't even really play, it just stutters REALLY slowly. I tried adding this script to Koqueror's service menu, but haven't quite figured it out yet (to previous poster, how did you do this?). Any other options and how/why is it this complicated?

Beans

Let me start by saying thanks for creating this script. It saved me from having to boot back into windows. The only problem is that it doesn't work (just a small problem I know).

When run outside of the terminal nothing happens, but when run inside the terminal it runs ok until it gets to the line with the 'let' command. At this point I get this error message "d2-convert: 194: let: not found". Since this has worked for other people I assume it is my computer that is the issue.

Can anyone help me out with this? I would like to switch over from iRiverter to this script, but can't really do so for obvious reasons. Thanks in advance!

Beans

Iriverter is crashing now, though.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5004933

Beans

How would I edit the Nautilus script to make it move the completed file to /media/D2/VIDEO ?

In other words, the script would create a D2-compatible file and put it directly on my D2, rather than putting it where the source file was. (I don't need 2 copies of the file on my computer.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I haven't tested it myself (I've settled on the Avidemux method), but try adding a move command to the while loop at the end of the script:

Code:
    while [ $# -gt 0 ]; do
    	total_frames=0
    	movie=$1
    	echo "# Processing $video_in_type Video $movie \n Total: $Video_Count"
    	get_frames
    	get_input_res
    	get_input_ar
    	calc_output_res
    	mpeg4_encode
    	mv "D2-$movie" /media/D2/VIDEO/$movie
    	let Video_Count=Video_Count+1