Thread: sync between two eclipse installations

Beans

sync between two eclipse installations

Hi,

I have started a java application using Eclipse.

I work at home and at the laboratory of a university. My installation is ubuntu edgy. At work I have to use a windows xp PC.

I need to work at both places (home and lab).

Is there any way to have my source files (latest version) with me all the time?

One solution I found is to use VNC at the lab's PC and connect fro home but I am sure this is not enough...

PS: I am sorry if this is not the right place to post such a question...'

Beans

Re: sync between two eclipse installations

I am working on a java project using eclipse. I move the project between my office and home computer daily. I close the project on the computer I'm using, cut and paste the project file from the current workbench to my flash drive, and then reverse the steps when I get where I'm going. Eclipse makes importing a project so easy.

In addition, I switch from an XP to an Ubuntu machine, so I just make sure that before I copy the source file I .zip it (rather than .tar.gz which is a hassle to extract on the Windows box).

Beans

At uni, you probably have access to a CVS server directly or you can cheat using a *nix machine with ssh access (using extssh). That would be an easy/safe way to sync your work without using a portable hard drive or remote desktops.

good luck,
    Stephane

Beans

thank you for your answers. I will try to copy-paste data until I learn how to use the cvs server (if there exists any)