Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: What part of NY State are you from?

Beans

Re: What part of NY State are you from?

Staten Island. I'd like to help set up an installfest in Staten Island for Autumn 2012 if possible.

Anyway, after recently seeing "Revolution OS", it inspired me to do something to give back to the community. Although the movie is now 10 years old, I never really knew it was out there.

I really enjoyed the scene where people brought their BIG desktop computers or even small laptops (Toshiba Libretto) and were getting help installing Linux at an install fest.

Let's get Staten Island to wake up a bit and start saving $$ on them M$ Licensing costs - who'd like to work with me on getting the movement going ??

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by oneiricAdam View Post
    Staten Island. I'd like to help set up an installfest in Staten Island for Autumn 2012 if possible.

Anyway, after recently seeing "Revolution OS", it inspired me to do something to give back to the community. Although the movie is now 10 years old, I never really knew it was out there.

I really enjoyed the scene where people brought their BIG desktop computers or even small laptops (Toshiba Libretto) and were getting help installing Linux at an install fest.

Let's get Staten Island to wake up a bit and start saving $$ on them M$ Licensing costs - who'd like to work with me on getting the movement going ??
    Welcome Adam.

What kind of help are you looking for? Have you registered on the mailing list? Joined the team on Launchpad (this will let you schedule events on loco.ubuntu.com)?

mailing list: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ny
    loco.ubuntu.com: http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-us-ny
    launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-us-ny

Let me know what I can do to help... I will do what I can from Rochester, NY.

Good to have you on the forums.

Beans

Thanks for your reply cprofitt, and of course thanks for the links.

I'm looking to help others install and/or use Linux as a way of giving back to this great Community.

I'll check on the loco links later today to see what I can learn.

Cheers,
    Adam

Beans

Gravesend-Sheepshead Bay border, Brooklyn

Beans

Bronx NY ( Morris Heights)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213