Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moving to Atlanta

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Moving to Atlanta

Good coffee shops with wireless:
    Hueys on peachtree in Buckhead can be fun, it is open only breakfast and lunch --> 3:00pm
    Has wireless, Cafe Au Lait and begnets. New Orleans style food.

Things to see:
    Underground Atlanta, It is a little bit touristy, but it is fun and the venue is interesting and historically important.
    The Horse Park out in Conyers - oops.. Equestrian Center. Built for the Olympics
    The Farm on White Road in Conyers - about 3.5 miles from where I am moving out of. Site of over ten years of miraculous visions. Very interesting in a Catholic sort of way - not as touristy
    Little 5 Points - where the hippies used to hang out. You can see the organic food co-op and try Vortex hamburgers. Vortex is a rush of "not-PC" Kind-of a biker-fern-bar. Also a great middle-eastern restaurant there where the owner will teach you to dance in an ac-hoc way. Fun place
    Really good diner - don't know about the wireless- Marietta Diner. Huge portions 24-hours
    Wolf Halton - Senior PCI Compliance/Vulnerability Engineer @ Atlanta Cloud Technology
    Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow!
    'This Apt Has Super Cow Powers! -"Have you mooed today?"'

Beans

Re: Moving to Atlanta

Atlanta..that's where I live! Well, about 40 min away, but I lived there for 10 yrs. Be careful. Georgia is a beautiful place (with the exception of pollen and unpredictable weather). I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Little bit of advice, if you can afford it. Buy a home and not an apartment. Georgia in general has been building up left and right. If you are lucky, they might try to pay you off for your house. They will offer a NICE chunk of change! ^_^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234