Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Fliers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Ubuntu Fliers

That all sounds good to me. I'll try and get the permissions finalized before the end of the month. According to the guys at LUG@GT, each section of campus has to give permission (Student Center, Housing, Library, etc). Each place has their own person to go through. I think the president of LUG@GT has the contact info for at least some of these people and it shouldn't be too hard to track down the others.

Finals for Fall semester take place April 30th- May 4th so unless we attach free food or coffee to the fliers they will probably go unnoticed.

Summer semester starts May 14th.

Also, I will be out of town for the week (mon-fri/sat) of May 7th as that week I have finals at the school I'm taking (online) classes from in MD.
    2GHz AMD 939, 256MB GeForce 7600GT, 1GB DDR PC 2700 RAM, Feisty Fawn
    1.76GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel 950 GMA, 1GB DDR2 PC2 5300 RAM, Fiesty Fawn
    Registered Linux User #437675 | Registered Ubuntu User #10829

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Alrighty then! 8)

I have uploaded what should be the final version.

If we are going to have fliers separate; a "GT version", then I will make up a new version so that I can insert either a screenshot, or more info about Ubuntu in the space that was set aside for the cd.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

The flier looks good. Can you create a GT version that kevinf311 can use?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Sure. Maybe I can also add some stuff about how it can help w/ college work...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

what would you guys like to see in the Georgia Tech edition? (Stuff that would appeal to students, ect.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have now uploaded the first version of the GT Edition in the /NewUser/Marketing page. Take a look and tell me what you think, and if there needs to be anything added to it, let me know.

Btw, I have also have printed out a page of the flier w/ cd and it looks readable. IF we take it someplace where we can use some good printers it should turn out ok.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm a little, no, a lot late in this.

Don't you think there's a lot of writing in this? I mean... Americans are stupid. We sit on our butts and watch tv that has really short commericials for our short attention span and the even shorter attention span of our children.

In short, I don't think anyone is going to read any of that because it looks so long and boring.

Yes, there's a fine line between professional and boring. But I really don't think anyone's going to read all that.

Less small print, more big print.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

hmmm... well, you have some good points. The main reason I wanted to include as much info as possible is so that someone wouldn't install it on their computer, and then try to sue us if their computer doesn't work right. There is also a level of professionalism I wanted to include so that we will be able to convince people that something free (as in "free, take one") can actually be high quality. We have to remember that people have never really been exposed to anything like this before, so we need to make it good. We'll see how the public reception is after a week or so of these fliers being deployed, and if something needs to be changed, I'll change it.

Thanks for taking a look at the fliers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Also, here's some information on what is already going on in the Ubuntu Marketing team...

DIY Marketing https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DIYMarketing

Spread Ubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/SpreadUbuntu
    Spread Ubuntu is just getting going, but it is a project specifically made to help out LoCo team's projects like this, so I encourage you to take interest in Spread Ubuntu

Ubuntu Marketing Main: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam
    Here's the main Ubuntu Marketing website just for you to stay in touch.

The Ubuntu Marketing team is working very hard to make this easy for you. If you can't find premade flyers on the wiki (they've gotta be there somewhere) you can ask the Ubuntu Marketing mailing list and you should get some official ones very, very quickly. Approved for advertising psychological brainwashing power.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JReagan1990 View Post
    Thanks for looking at the fliers! I will change that one line to make it sound better. Also, thanks for wanting to post some fliers & CD's. In the Buford area, would you say that you live in a somewhat "suburb-ish" area of town? I was thinking that it would be good to see how it works out in areas that are residential, not just in the city. Thanks for wanting to help out!
    Maybe on the other side of suburb-ish. Close to sticks-ish. I would like to help those that are brave enough to venture something new, tho.
    Google is your friend...Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala 64 bit Foxconn WinFast 761GXK8MC-S AMD 64 3200+ 1 GB DDR2, nVidia 8500GT
    Production platform - Intrepid 64 bit 8.10 ASRock ALiveNF6P Phenom 9600 2GB DDR2 GeForce6x and Beryl/Compiz/Desktop Effects

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast