Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The built in Bittorrent client in Opera is simply the best Bittorrent client to date

Beans

Red face The built in Bittorrent client in Opera is simply the best Bittorrent client to date

In search for the best Bittorrent client I have overlooked the obvious best Bittorrent client to date!....it's built in the Opera browser by default...

What could be simpler?

Again Opera never ceases to impress

Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: The built in Bittorrent client in Opera is simply the best Bittorrent client to d

Never noticed it, I'll have to give it a try.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: The built in Bittorrent client in Opera is simply the best Bittorrent client to d

that and the mail client are just two more bonuses to using opera.

rav, no one will ever accuse you of understatement.

Beans
    Hidden!

Too bad it's Qt... I have this thing about not mixing toolkits.

Beans

The built-in client for Opera doesn't seem to be working that well for me. It can't seem to connect. Although when I use Deluge everything works perfectly fine.
    Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils
    Educate men without Linux, then yeah, the opposite happens
    Let Chakra guide the way
    U.3F

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've never really like the BitTorrent client built into Opera. It's almost a bit too simplistic. I still prefer kTorrent when I'm on Linux.
    Registered Linux User #438830 | Registered Ubuntu User #10897

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Opera works ok as a bittorrent client if you just want to have simple way to download torrents. I use myself Azureus because I want to have a little bit more control over downloads. But as a feature the bittorrent client is very nice indeed, it's so simple and nicely integrated.
    Vera! Vera! What has become of you?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Speeds don't look too flash though. What sort of speeds do you achieve with this client?

With Azureus I regularly hit 700-800KB/s and my internet connection's max is around 1000KB/s.

I tried Deluge torrent but haven't been able to get above 20-30KB/s on that If I could get higher speeds with it then it would be my client of choice.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I have tried it a couple of times, It's quite a typical client I also had trouble getting to use the right port, don't see what's so special about it. Utorrent is my preferred bittorent

Beans

I dunno, sometimes I think the others are better.
    Bit tornado is my favored, with azureus a second
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast