Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

same cover as before but with fire and smoke
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ronniet; April 7th, 2007 at 07:34 PM.
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    same cover as before but with fire and smoke
    Personally, this second one looks like a spaceship from Dr Who crashing to Earth as it burns up!

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...=1&sa=N&tab=wi
    Last edited by ookooboontoo; April 7th, 2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added link for greater understanding

Beans
    Distro

Oh and just an addition, you have white writing on a light background which may need more contrast? I find it hard to read atm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ookooboontoo View Post
    Oh and just an addition, you have white writing on a light background which may need more contrast? I find it hard to read atm
    where abouts is this? On the cover???...
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro

where abouts is this? On the cover???...
    Sorry, I did not explain. On the cover the HISTORY text and the FEISTY FAWN SPECIAL is white on light green or light grey. The text does not stand out very well from it's background.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by feravolo View Post
    Hello:

I finished reading though this thread and like to let all of you know that you are doing a good job, getting this thing started. I have only one comment to make though, since I read something that was very disturbing to me. Which was requiring the people that wrote the articles to comply to the standards specified by the documentation team for ubuntu documentation.

This is a very bad idea, since it will restrict the free exchange of ideas. I am under the impression since this is a electronic publication that it is not for profit and not accept advertising.

In documentation you want to make it seem like as few people as possible wrote it, even if hundreds of people wrote it. This isn't documentation; For example, you can use either compile the source from a tar-ball, download a debain package from debian, use sudo apt-get or synaptic from Gnome who cares they all do the same thing. Which is install a software package on your system.

Technical restrictions on the content of the articles is going to make them dry and boring [in other words just like documentation].

Good Work People;
    Peace

Mike Feravolo
    Principal Engineer
    Cocoa Beach, Florida
    Mike,

I referred to the Ubuntu Documentation Style Guide for those articles which are, in fact, documentation, such as the installation of a program, etc. The style guide also only refers to what sort of pitfalls to avoid and preferred methods of doing things, such as preferring Add/Remove over Synaptic over command line over install from code, etc.

Corey

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrmonday View Post
    Does this licence mean that they can copy our work as long as they give credit to us, and that if the edit it the have to say 'based on work by mrmonday' for example. Will they also have to add the same licence, then if someone else builds upon it, they would have to mention 'based on work by mrtuesday, which was based on the work of mrmoonday'. Does this also mean that eventually you will get 'based on work by mrsunday, which was based on the work of mrsaturday, which was based on the work of mrfriday...which was based on the work of mrtuesday, which was based on the work of mrmonday'.

If not how does this licence work? Thanks.
    Pretty much. Any time they either use the work or create a derivative work of your stuff, you must be credited and they must release it under the same license.

Corey

the new cover looks better? Or the previous post one with fire looked better?...
    Both!

I have noticed that you have done one with fire now! However I think it looks too much like Ubuntu burning, which isn't good. It needs to be more "It's burning up because it's so fast moving, and so amazing" , so it looks more like it's not on fire, but it is burning up. like this one:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...2&d=1175630522

I think use that sort of fire, but your logo, so its firing out of the screen!
    Last edited by mrmonday; April 8th, 2007 at 08:14 AM.

Red face Re: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

Just Noticed something... Lots of ideas from the wiki have gone! They have just been replaced with links to current articles.... i plan to add the ideas back in, but leave the links, is this OK? Also, maybe a link to all the articles on the front page? I think you moved them because there were becoming quite a lot?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundavia View Post
    Mike,

I referred to the Ubuntu Documentation Style Guide for those articles which are, in fact, documentation, such as the installation of a program, etc. The style guide also only refers to what sort of pitfalls to avoid and preferred methods of doing things, such as preferring Add/Remove over Synaptic over command line over install from code, etc.

Corey
    Corey:

All that I wanted to point out is that the same standards that are required in maintaining constancy in software documentation are not applicable to articles in a magazine.

Peace
    Mike

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast