Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

Re: fullcircle #0 - beta3 !

Good work on the magazine Ronnie. Just a few things though...

For some reason all the text is blocky, on my screen - legible, but not very professional. Also the text on the front page is hard to read, because of the picture behind it. Don't worry about this though, as if you are changing the picture for the final release, it won't be a problem...

Also I will see what I can do about mirroring for you, may/may not be possible. I will read the terms and conditions.
    EDIT: Sorry, I can't mirror.

There is something I have forgotten to say I will see if I can remember later.
    EDIT: I remembered... Have you posted your ideas on the wiki?
    Last edited by mrmonday; April 7th, 2007 at 11:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Full Circle MirrorSite

I would be happy to mirror on one of my domains, I could setup either Ubuntu or FullCircle (or something else) as the host name and keep it a straight directory listing so people can access the back issues as well as the lastest issue.

Mike

PS I printed the lastest beta on an HP 4550 Color Laser and it looks Excellent!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Full Circle MirrorSite

I suspect that when final copy, and maybe even before, you could host it on ubuntu.com servers somwhere if you talk to the marketing team.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mrmonday View Post
    For some reason all the text is blocky, on my screen - legible, but not very professional...
    Quote Originally Posted by feravolo
    I printed the lastest beta on an HP 4550 Color Laser and it looks Excellent!!
    Hmm... now there's a problem... is it maybe the viewer your using mrmonday? I'm using KPDF on Kubuntu and I can zoom into the text no problem and it looks ok... could you try another viewer? It's the first report i've had of blocky text...
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Full Circle MirrorSite

Quote Originally Posted by ookooboontoo View Post
    I suspect that when final copy, and maybe even before, you could host it on ubuntu.com servers somwhere if you talk to the marketing team.
    Well, we can host it on the website, and maybe even on the wiki itself...
    Ronnie
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

Obviously, I'll upload a copy to fullcirclemagazine.org. I'll also look into the possibility of mirrors - ubuntu.com and the wiki are already mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    Hmm... now there's a problem... is it maybe the viewer your using mrmonday? I'm using KPDF on Kubuntu and I can zoom into the text no problem and it looks ok... could you try another viewer? It's the first report i've had of blocky text...
    Problem solved... It's only blocky at 'Fit to page width' It's fine at any other size...

Also, I just thought I would add that I'm about a quarter of the way through my next article. I am doing how to install Edgy currently.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Working on a few front cover ideas... i've attached the best one so far...

It's kinda tricky to think of a decent cover since Feisty itself doesn't seem to have a unique logo to differentiate it from the other releases so i'm just trying to use the Ubuntu logo in some way...

As ever... feel free to comment...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ronnie

Maybe you could add some fire like in a previous post! It definately looks better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mrmonday View Post
    Maybe you could add some fire like in a previous post! It definately looks better.
    the new cover looks better? Or the previous post one with fire looked better?...
    Ronnie

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast