Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Beans

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

ATM dfreer.org is down, sorry everyone! Don't fret, it will be back soon (hopefully tonight, at worse a couple of days). The manual installation method will still work, if you absolutely need it installed today.
    The reason why is I had to switch out some hardware, and I may need to order some new parts.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This has worked wonderfully. Thank you. Now if I could just get psx and mythgame to play nice...
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by newlinux View Post
    This has worked wonderfully. Thank you. Now if I could just get psx and mythgame to play nice...
    I managed it to work beautifully "once", but most of the time I can't seem to get pSX to pop up "on top" of MythGame, I have to <Alt>+<Tab> over to it. Is this the problem you are having?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

no, for some reason I can't get mythtv to properly scan the "roms." It always hangs when it scans the playstation folder.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    I don't see why not? Ubuntu owes a lot of things to debian, it only helps the community to add it to both debian and ubuntu.
    I can't run pSX on Debian Etch... I get the devilish 'Segmentation Fault' right after the 'pick your language' menu... in both v1.11 and v1.12 releases.

A working Debian package would be wonderful. In fact, any info on this issue would... is it because the libs required are so much older in Etch...?
    Last edited by bebop_tango; July 31st, 2007 at 06:13 PM.

Beans

@newlinux
    I believe you have to specify your file extensions (.iso, .cue, .ccd, etc) so it knows what to look for. I'll post a screenshot of what my setup looks like ASAP
    EDIT: Ok, here's the screenshots:
    http://www.dfreer.org/~dfreer/mythtv/Screenshot.png
    On this screen, make sure "Indepth Game Scan" is unchecked, that seemed to lag up my system.

http://www.dfreer.org/~dfreer/mythtv/Screenshot-1.png
    Here, I am using pSX 1.12 (1.12 let's you do the -f (fullscreen) switch). I only have .iso, .bin, and .cue images right now, most of my pSX games are on CD's. After saving these settings, try "Clearing Game Data" and then "Scan for Games/ROMS". Also, make sure your path to the ROM folder is correct (note you do not have to escape whitespaces in folder names).

http://www.dfreer.org/~dfreer/mythtv/Screenshot-2.png
    Just confirmation that the games DO show up for me.

@bebop_tango
    I'll check it out, I run Debian etch but without the GUI, so I'll need to get a virtual machine going on my ubuntu system or something. What arch are you running (32-bit or 64-bit)?

@everyone
    The server is backup! If it goes down again it will probably be just for reboots, so just try again after a few minutes.
    Last edited by dfreer; July 31st, 2007 at 06:34 PM.

Beans

Wow, I got to tell you after trying to get epsxe working this is a dream come true.

Beans
    Hidden!

@bebop_tango
    I'll check it out, I run Debian etch but without the GUI, so I'll need to get a virtual machine going on my ubuntu system or something. What arch are you running (32-bit or 64-bit)?

My arch is 32-bit.

This guy has similar problems. In fact, I also ran gdb and got basically the same output.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bebop_tango View Post
    My arch is 32-bit.

This guy has similar problems. In fact, I also ran gdb and got basically the same output.
    I'll try and see what I can do, but it seems to be a problem with pSX itself, and not a dependency/package issue, which is what I do. Best thing is to try to get in contact with pSX author/pSX forums/linux guru and see if they can interpret your gdb output.
    I wish you the best of luck, and like I said I'll see if I can reproduce the error on my debian system.

Beans

I dunno whether it was the upgrade to v1.12 or something else that I've done recently, but now whenever I try to go fullscreen everything goes black and locks up my system. Hmm... I'll try going back to 11 and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok the v1.11 .deb isn't there anymore. I have absolutely no idea what happened or even where to start on how to fix it! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Normally I'd look at the terminal output whilst running the buggy program, but that doesn't really work when my display stops displaying and I can't do anything...

EDIT 2: Well... I recently installed Compiz-Fusion, which apparently doesn't agree with the full-screen output of pSX. Not entirely sure why, but it runs fine under Metacity so I figure that's a logical assumption. When in Compiz pSX doesn't run very well either (graphics are really jumpy and the frame-rate is bad), I thought that may have been an issue with the game I was playing (FF Tactics) but it runs fine when I'm using metacity.
    Last edited by jw5801; August 3rd, 2007 at 09:31 AM.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast