Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Beans

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

When i try and run pSX it crashes out with this error

The program 'pSX' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'GLXBadDrawable'.
    (Details: serial 1053 error_code 173 request_code 155 minor_code 11)
    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
    Locking assertion failure. Backtrace:
    #0 /usr/lib32/libxcb-xlib.so.0 [0xf602f7c7]
    #1 /usr/lib32/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_lock+0x2e) [0xf602f96e]
    #2 /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6 [0xf6298619]
    #3 /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6(XESetCloseDisplay+0x44) [0xf627a294]
    #4 /usr/lib32/libGL.so.1 [0xf7f29049]

What have i done wrong?

Beans

Looks like a new error to me, perhaps something unique to the version of Ubuntu you are running?

In any case, pSX will segfault if pulseaudio is running, but I don't think this is the same error. Wouldn't hurt to try; make sure to kill pulseaudio then try running pSX again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I have lib32gtkglext1_1.2.0-3.1_hardy-amd64.deb installed and have downloaded pSX_linux_1_13.tar.bz2

afrodeity@afrodeity-desktop:/media/Gaia/Downloads/PSX/pSX$ ./pSX
    ./pSX: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

what must I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm trying to do this on 9.04 Jaunty 64 bit, and when trying to import the key for dfreer.org I can't reach it. When I try to ping dfreer.org I get "unknown host".
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

Beans

Followed the guides, installed the 2 .deb files (on Jaunty 64-bit) - the psx32 deb and the lib32gtkglext deb.

Program loads and runs, but only as root.

Running as regular user, I get:

Code:
     * PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
    pulseaudio: no process killedGtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    [src/linux/sound.cpp, line 215]: 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access(pcm_handle,hwparams,SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_INTERLEAVED)' returned 'Invalid argument'
    pad=0
    Segmentation fault
    mcm@taniwha-laptop:~/Desktop$ psx32
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    [src/linux/sound.cpp, line 215]: 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access(pcm_handle,hwparams,SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_INTERLEAVED)' returned 'Invalid argument'
    pad=0
    Segmentation fault
    Any thoughts on how to resolve this obvious permissions issue, so it'll run as a regular user??

Thanks for the packages and assistance to date, dfreer!
    Last edited by sultanoswing; May 2nd, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Arch 3.3.1-1 (x86_64) w/Gnome 3.2
    ASUS P7P55-E-Pro, Geforce GTX460, i5-750, 8GB
    Dell XPS m1330, Geforce 8400M, 4965AGN
    HP Folio 13 Ultrabook

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I have a DualShock 2 (SCPH-10010) controller that I've been using for pSX. Unfortunately, pSX only has options for SCPH-1010, 1150, and 1200. This might be why I must choose between using EITHER the joysticks OR the directional pad, but cannot use both at the same time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem when using a DualShock2 controller for pSX?

I am running on a 64-bit system, if that matters.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sultanoswing View Post
    Followed the guides, installed the 2 .deb files (on Jaunty 64-bit) - the psx32 deb and the lib32gtkglext deb.

Program loads and runs, but only as root.

Running as regular user, I get:

Code:
    pulseaudio: no process killedGtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    pad=0
    Segmentation fault
    mcm@taniwha-laptop:~/Desktop$ psx32
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    pad=0
    Segmentation fault
    Any thoughts on how to resolve this obvious permissions issue, so it'll run as a regular user??

I get segfaults as well, but I'm on Debian squeeze.
    Interestingly enough though, if I borrow my gentoo-compiled zsnes binary, it loads just fine, but the sound quality is very poor because it doesn't use libao (and it can't, because gentoo doesn't have a 32-bit libao compatibility package)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Code:
    afrodeity@afrodeity-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install psx32frontend
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Couldn't find package psx32frontend
    afrodeity@afrodeity-desktop:~$
    Do you mean psxfrontend?

I have Ubuntu 64 Hardy
    Last edited by afrodeity; May 8th, 2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: 64

Beans

i'm sorry but the link to your pre-made DEB files ins dead. can you repost these please?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by afrodeity View Post
    I have lib32gtkglext1_1.2.0-3.1_hardy-amd64.deb installed and have downloaded pSX_linux_1_13.tar.bz2

afrodeity@afrodeity-desktop:/media/Gaia/Downloads/PSX/pSX$ ./pSX
    ./pSX: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

what must I do?
    Make sure ia32-libs is installed? That lib should be included in that package, otherwise I always get it installed when I install my nvidia drivers. Possibly your video card drivers are not correctly installed?

Quote Originally Posted by marcusdean.adams View Post
    I'm trying to do this on 9.04 Jaunty 64 bit, and when trying to import the key for dfreer.org I can't reach it. When I try to ping dfreer.org I get "unknown host".
    My repository is currently down and it is highly unlikely it will be resurrected before it becomes forgotten/obsolete. I uploaded the packages to this forum several pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sultanoswing View Post
    Code:
    $ psx32
    pad=0
    Segmentation fault

Haven't gotten around to playing with Ubuntu 9.04; some new stuff here I haven't seen. The old solution was that pulseaudio needed to be killed before pSX would run, as the two seemed to conflict. Have you tried that yet?

That's about the only advice I can currently offer: if it runs correctly as root, I'd hazard a guess that 9.04 will disable pulseaudio if it detects an conflict, but only root has permission to do so? Another option (not the greatest) would be to create a script/launcher that executes pSX as root, then modify your sudoers file so that it can do so without needing authentication.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    I have a DualShock 2 (SCPH-10010) controller that I've been using for pSX. Unfortunately, pSX only has options for SCPH-1010, 1150, and 1200. This might be why I must choose between using EITHER the joysticks OR the directional pad, but cannot use both at the same time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem when using a DualShock2 controller for pSX?
    Well the original hardware wouldn't allow you to use a PS2 controller on the original Playstation IIRC, not that it matters when emulating. Can't help much, other than to recommend my all time favorite logitech dual actions.

Quote Originally Posted by epsilon72 View Post
    I get segfaults as well, but I'm on Debian squeeze.
    Interestingly enough though, if I borrow my gentoo-compiled zsnes binary, it loads just fine, but the sound quality is very poor because it doesn't use libao (and it can't, because gentoo doesn't have a 32-bit libao compatibility package)
    I'm guessing you got your threads confused Check out my response in the pSX thread, and if you would like I could probably help you with getting 32-bit libao libs installed on your gentoo system (might be tricky IIRC gentoo doesn't have any precompiled libs? so we would have to cross compile or use non-gentoo binaries).

If Getlibs is available for gentoo that would probably be easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by afrodeity View Post
    Code:
    afrodeity@afrodeity-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install psx32frontend
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Couldn't find package psx32frontend
    afrodeity@afrodeity-desktop:~$
    Do you mean psxfrontend?

I have Ubuntu 64 Hardy
    Not entirely sure what you mean, as far as I know, I'm the only one that packaged Ultima's pSX Frontend, and you cannot apt-get the package since my repository is done. It's really easy to install it manually by checking the pSX Official Forums, or just look further down in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueLugia121 View Post
    i'm sorry but the link to your pre-made DEB files ins dead. can you repost these please?
    I'm assuming you are talking about my repository links? I have already reposted them here in these forums, hopefully these aren't dead as well:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=182
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=186
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=206
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=246
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=247

I believe those are all the packages I uploaded, I have a backup of pretty much every .deb I've created if these don't work for you, just let me know.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast