View Poll Results: If they were available, how many Ubuntu Lanyards would you buy?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (None, not interested in buying any)

15 26.79%

24 42.86%

7 12.50%

4 7.14%

1 1.79%

1 1.79%
  • 6+

4 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want a Ubuntu Lanyard?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Want a Ubuntu Lanyard?

Hey Guys,

Further to my previous thread HERE, if I can get some Ubuntu lanyards made up would you be interested in buying any?

I've made a poll (hopefully) that allows you to choose how many you would buy (ranging from 0-5, and then 6+). I would also apprciate comments/thoughts on the following:

1. What style/design you would like
    2. How much you might be willing to pay (including postage)
    3. What sort of payment options you would need
    4. If anbody has ever had any of these Lanyards made up previously (for events, corporations, etc) I would be particularly keen to hear of your experiences.

I'm thinking that they should be of the woven variety (last longer than the printed ones), that the background colour should be the Ubuntu brown, and that they should simply be printed with the Ubuntu symbol and the wording 'Ubuntu'. I don't know how much I would be prepared to pay per Lanyard, probably no more than £5 each but I might stretch to more if the quality was good.

I might need some help identifying the correct colour numbers, and mocking up the artwork, any assistance with that would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Catsworth; March 23rd, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.
    Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

Registered Linux User #423840 | Registered Ubuntu User #4799

Beans

Re: Want a Ubuntu Lanyard?

Hmm... what about a black lanyard with the red/orange Ubuntu logo and the words "Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings" (probably in orange as well) repeating?
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by igknighted View Post
    Hmm... what about a black lanyard with the red/orange Ubuntu logo and the words "Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings" (probably in orange as well) repeating?
    Sounds good, I like it.

I think I might either a) put the final design to a vote, or b) have some made up in different designs (gotta catch 'em all ).
    Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanyard

You want to make ubuntu themed rigging? are we all sailing ships or are they for our shopping bags?
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMO View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanyard

You want to make ubuntu themed rigging? are we all sailing ships or are they for our shopping bags?
    hehe, no you put you're keys and other random things on them, keeps them safe I guess as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I threw down a 6+, but I want somewhere around 20 or so for the family. I'm going to order a slew of thumb drives and give them out as xmas pressies later this year. Each person in the family is going to get a custom disc complete with the latest version of their favorite distribution. The discs have gimped pictures of their faces and the logo of the distro. Here's the cool part, the discs are going to be professionally done images... no oddball paper labels or inkjet type print. Should be cool. I've already got some of the keys...

Yeah, I know... way ahead of the game... but I do this every year... saves my **** at the end of the year every time.

Oh yeah, black lanyard with orange/brown lettering would be fine. Keep it simple though, only go with two colors total (foreground, background) to keep the cost down.
    Last edited by Spr0k3t; March 23rd, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Anybody got the artistic streak necessary to knock up some artsist's impressions of what we want?

I'd do it but I haven't got an artistic bone in my body

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Ah well, worth a try I guess - can't justify the risk of ordering sufficient quantities of these to make them cheap enough to be worthwhile with the handful of responses so far.

Back to the drawing board I guess

Beans

* an ubuntu lanyard

sorry. it just botheres me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by dbbolton View Post
    * an ubuntu lanyard

sorry. it just botheres me.

From: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/esl/esliart.html

(Bold emphasis is mine)

"An" goes before all words that begin with vowels:
    an apricot
    an egg
    an Indian
    an orbit
    an uprising

with two exceptions: When u makes the same sound as the y in you, or o makes the same sound as w in won, then a is used.

a union
    a united front
    a unicorn
    a used napkin
    a U.S. ship
    a one-legged man
    I pronounce Ubuntu as in You-bun-too therefore my use of 'a' is corect in this context.

If someone else pronounces Ubuntu as in Ooo-bun-tuu, or even sounds the U as in up, then they should use 'an' instead of 'a'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast