Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Bag Shopping!

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Laptop Bag Shopping!

I dispise those ugly black "default" bags that everyone has their laptops in. What kind of bag do you have your laptop in? Is it girlie?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/gener...oid=114390&c=1 I have the one that the model is using. It's not showing up on the real shopping page but whatever. Inside that is a really slim and slick case (but not quite a sleeve) that's in kind of a grey tone that I carry my bag to work and places were neon colors might not go over well.

I'm looking for a change. What do you girlies use?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Laptop Bag Shopping!

Just the ugly black default bag
    Proud Kubuntu user since 6.06 "Dapper" | The Linux Conundrum | Linux User #440899
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, SMAC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I use my default bag when I go on trips

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Pikestaff View Post
    Just the ugly black default bag
    beryl is my girlfriend but who's tux? is it the penguine?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5627669

I found a custom laptop bag maker at etsy.com (which is the geekiest hippy website ever). I think there's also other people who make them on etsy but that's just the first one that came up on a search.

Here's another maker, but for a sleve, not a bag.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5545224

and this one is leather. It's pretty slick looking (but not custom, only for 13.5 laptops):http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5625712
    Last edited by daynah; March 26th, 2007 at 01:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by HasratUSA View Post
    beryl is my girlfriend but who's tux? is it the penguine?
    Yup, Tux is the Penguin
    Proud Kubuntu user since 6.06 "Dapper" | The Linux Conundrum | Linux User #440899
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, SMAC

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have a black Swiss Army bag, but for Xmas my brother got me a pinstriped messenger bag. I use that if I need to look nice. It's lacking padding, so I just bought a sleeve to put my laptop in when I use that bag.

Pearlie, that's the one thing I dislike about the messenger bag. It is very lacking in small pockets. I told my brother it'd be a bad purse because everything would get mixed up and I couldn't keep everything in nooks and crannies, but then he said it's for my laptop so the "one giant pocket" made sense. There's a couple smaller pockets. They're the size for me to carry around Linux Format, 2600, Hackers, and WarGames
    Last edited by macogw; March 27th, 2007 at 04:15 AM.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    There's a couple smaller pockets. They're the size for me to carry around Linux Format, 2600, Hackers, and WarGames
    Heheh, that's great. "The pool on the roof has a leak!!" My boyfriend and I watched that movie as a "date" once. And we read 2600 on another. XD

I agree with you about the need for pockets, though... I just like stuff that is straightforward and not really fancy, so I just have a plain black laptop case, but it doesn't have any pockets... and I'd prefer to have a place to keep the power stuff and extra battery and mouse (I hate hate hate the touchpad thing... oops, went Kefka there for a bit).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

You might like this one for business, it's very classy:
    http://www.mobileedge.com/items.asp?...scid=12&pid=92

I also love this one...if you want more color:
    http://www.targus.com/us/product_det...p?sku=TLT026US

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Mine is black, but I'm into black so it works for me. The coolest thing about it is that it's like an origami puzzle, with about two dozen pockets and hidden compartments and zippers and velcro - it's a totally over-the-top geek mobile storage unit. If I ever actually filled it, I'd have to hire a small boy to push from the bottom and help me carry it around. It was a Christmas pressie from me mum, I've no idea where she got it. But it's really me - I get all OCD when I travel and have to have all my electro-bits with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast