Re: Laptop Bag Shopping!

I have the STM Small Evolution. I love it

I even have a review of it on my site clicky

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    There's a couple smaller pockets. They're the size for me to carry around Linux Format, 2600, Hackers, and WarGames
    Heheh, that's great. "The pool on the roof has a leak!!" My boyfriend and I watched that movie as a "date" once. And we read 2600 on another. XD

I agree with you about the need for pockets, though... I just like stuff that is straightforward and not really fancy, so I just have a plain black laptop case, but it doesn't have any pockets... and I'd prefer to have a place to keep the power stuff and extra battery and mouse (I hate hate hate the touchpad thing... oops, went Kefka there for a bit).
    Proud Kubuntu user since 6.06 "Dapper" | The Linux Conundrum | Linux User #440899
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, SMAC

Beans

Mobile Edge specializes in colorful bags fpecifically for women with lots of pockets. They're also partners with Komen and contribute to the Foundation.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Pikestaff View Post
    Heheh, that's great. "The pool on the roof has a leak!!" My boyfriend and I watched that movie as a "date" once. And we read 2600 on another. XD

I agree with you about the need for pockets, though... I just like stuff that is straightforward and not really fancy, so I just have a plain black laptop case, but it doesn't have any pockets... and I'd prefer to have a place to keep the power stuff and extra battery and mouse (I hate hate hate the touchpad thing... oops, went Kefka there for a bit).
    Yeah, for our first date, my boyfriend and I watched WarGames. When we had a NU Ubuntu Team meetup, I didn't know what anyone looked like and held up Linux Format. Didn't work. When I found them, I mentioned it, and Brunellus said "well maybe if you were waving around 2600..." and I pulled it out followed by the rest. That display of h4x0r-media made my poli sci teacher suggest I go into the "international cybercrime" field hehe

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I use a cloth bag my friend quilted me for birthday (with secret pockets!). I especially like that it doesn't look like a laptop bag, so I'm not walking around with a giant "mug me" sign.

- Phi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Personally, I just have the default black boring bag... I've wanted a girly one, but I just can't seem to find one that fits what I'm looking for.... Most of the girly ones I've found have horribly short handles, and I don't really like carrying something that bulky under my armpit, I'd rather a longer strap and have it down to my hip.
    nikkiana @ knit.geek.life

code, document, support
    no matter your ability level, you can contribute too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Nikkiana, yeah, generally the ones in the stores I hate. I just happened the like the one at Circuit city and I'm starting to dispise it (it's very, very, VERY large). The bag was large with a sleve, and I found that I was always just using the sleve (it only has two pockets). Though I love it, the sleve's connections to the straps are wearing thin and I fear the day when it breaks off and pop goes the laptop.

Thus, I think I'm going to get one of the custom laptops from etsy.com I posted. Since it's custom, I'm sure I can request the maker to sew some pockets for me for some extra dough if they don't come with any, and I get to pick all of the fabric. Generally, if a sleve has a handle it's either a HANDle or a long strap to have it hang on your hip (where it'll bounce by the way!).

I hope the links people post help you.

Beans

i use a slappa bag it has some black in it but its pretty sweet though, very strong and great storage capacity check it out this is the one i use
    http://www.slappa.com/KIKEN-Green-Bl...p-Shoulder-Bag

Beans

I'm not a girl (surprise!), but my daughter has a 12" netbook, and we spent a considerable amount of time shopping for an attractive case. We found this site:

http://estore.work2beauty.com/

It has an enormous variety of netbook cases with some lovely patterns. They're in Taiwan so it will take a couple of weeks to ship.

I don't see any full-sized laptop cases, though, just netbook sleeves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12