Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi bored and have some problems with my lib repository, thought it would be cool to muk it up, turns out that it wasnt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Greetings! I'm retired and live in Bradenton. I have a AS degree in electronics from 1969, so I'm self-taught on computers. I messed around with some early free Red Hat Distros in the early 2000s and tried a couple of Unbuntu live CDs, with 11.04 I finally decided to use WUBI and actually install it on my main Win 7 machine! Linux has come a long way and aside from still having to set up my network to "see" my other computers, I think that this distro is a serious contender to get people to switch from Windows especially in an office setting. Of course, we still have the specialized software issue, only works on Windows or Mac, not on Linux, but for everyday tasks, Linux is just fine. Anyway, glad to see users in Florida.
    Athenroy,
    Classic Desktop User - Screenshot
    Linux Registered User #534875

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Introduce yourself

Hello, my name is Chris & I'm new to the Ubuntu community.

I reside about half way between Tallahassee and Gainesville. I am currently studying to pursue a career in technical writing. I am hoping to work on the Ubuntu-Manual-Team so I can gain insight and knowledge of Ubuntu while gaining experience and building my resume.

It would be nice to network with others in the Ubuntu community; is anyone in the Tallahassee area?

I hope all are having a great summer!

Best regards,

Chris

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hi, my name is Jason, and I am an Ubuntu abuser....

I moved back to Panama City, FL and am looking to get more involved with the Ubuntu community.
    Last edited by BoogeyOfTheMan; July 17th, 2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: subscribing
    You can have quality, price, or performance, but you can only choose two.

Beans

Hi! I am Ansersion, a name from a cartoon character.Because of the request from school, I have to switch to use Ubuntu.Really a difficult-learning system! Now I have a videocard driver problem, and I come here,and would like to stay here ...In a word, hello everyone!

Beans

Hello!

I'm Nicholas or Nick for short, moved from NYC to Orlando, FL not too long ago.

Currently in East Orlando and working on a project of my own, I use Ubuntu on my desktop for just working purposes and Windows on my laptop for daily use.

Hope to get more involved with this community soon!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617