Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Introduce yourself

Nick here, I live in Winter Haven and have been using K/X/Ubuntu for a few months now. I actually kicked windows out the door after about month of using ubuntu, although I do run it in Virtual Box when I absolutely need to do so. I have used all KDE Xfce and Gnome, and seem to keep jumping back and forth between the three on a weekly basis.

Beans

woo winterhaven, you're right around the corner from me ( i live in lakeland on 540A)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hello my name is Mike

I am very new to linux i have been using it for 1 week now started with blender 3d and have not been able to learn anything else since i just cant stop playing with blender its awesome.

I work from home for myself

plan to spend lots of time playing around with and getting to learn linux (if i can get myself away from blender)

i love to learn new things especially when it comes to computers.

i will probably be pestering everybody with lots of questions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks!

Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome. Please let me know how I can help!

Yes, I am a Kubuntu user. I used KDE with Slackware previously, so I feel most comfortable with KDE. I am using Edgy though, so I need to update that. Always something to keep up with!

I'm on my way to check out the wiki now...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Well this looks fun and exciting so I figure I'll give it a shot .

My name's Zac Brown, just Zac is fine though most of the time people either see me as 'rufius' or 'zbrown.' I'm 19 years old and am a student at the University of Miami. I'm double majoring in Math and Computer Science. From that you can obviously tell I'm big on computers and science lol.

I've been using GNU/Linux for 6 years now, going on 7 in August. I started using Ubuntu during the first release, and before that I bounced around between Redhat/Fedora, Mandrake/Mandriva, and Debian. I do a fair bit of programming, mostly scientific; mainly working in C, Haskell, and Java. I've also got some experience in Python.

I too am surgically attached to my computer, and my girlfriend gets jealous that I spend so much time with it. Often times she has to bribe me or hide my computer to get me to talk to her if I'm working on a problem .
    Student / Developer | Registered Linux User: 356244 | Registered FSF Member: 5697
    "My cat" is not a float. Every string should learn to swim.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

My name is Jon im from Palm Coast (near daytona hehe). I started using linux back when redhat 5.3 came out and have been using it in some form or another since then (ive tried redhat,suse,slackware, and now ubuntu). I do support for small business and private networks in my area. Been living in florida since 88' but ive lived in a few different states (LA,GA,NY,TX). Hoping to meet all of you in the irc room eventually

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi all, Cecil here in Miami.
    I'm a retired locksmith and have been using linux since Slakware 1.2 when ever that was ???
    I still have ******* XP but it crashes about once a week.
    This is a great group.lol
    Cecil

email : piercececil@comcast.net

Beans

Cecil,
    Glad you could join us... come check out our IRC room and hang out for a bit!

#ubuntu-florida on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Howdy folks,

My name is Patrick, I live in Orlando. I was a Ubuntu user back in the day but wandered away from it in its earlier stages because too many things didn't work for me at the time and school was pushing me to program in a Windows environment. I studied at Georgia Tech for 3 and a half years before finally failing out. I had been studying Computer Science.

Now I live in Orlando again and work for SAK Comedy Lab in downtown. Also if you watch Orlando Magic games you might see me. I'm on the Orlando Magic Blue Crew. I'm easy to spot, I wear a cowboy hat -- Other than that I've got a few web ventures I'm working on getting off the ground, we'll see.

I'm excited to be returning to Ubuntu. I was away for 2 years, so I think the last Ubuntu I had installed was Breezy Badger, not sure though.

My desktop is currently set to dual boot but if I can get all my peripherals working then I am most likely going to just drop Windows all together, same goes for my Laptop.

W00t.

-- Phineas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hey Phineas, nice to meet you. That's cool that you work at SAK, I've been a few times. Check out the IRC room (#ubuntu-florida on freenode).
    -Martin

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast