Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overclocking Your Nvidia Graphics Card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Overclocking Your Nvidia Graphics Card

I'm running driver version 173.14.09 from nvidia.com and after enabling coolbits, the overclocking in nvidia-settings works as expected. You can see in this screen shot that I have my 8600GT underclocked at the moment.

db
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-NVIDIA X Server Settings.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	77685  

Beans

I'm having a problem overclocking my 8400GS. When I set a new clock frequency, my pc instantly crashes and just presents me with a white screen.

I thought this might have been since I'm clocking it too high, but the same thing happens if I set the frequencies to their factory settings.

I'm using the 177.3 Beta drivers on Hardy, has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by drew.woods View Post
    I'm using the 177.3 Beta drivers on Hardy, has anyone else experienced a similar issue?
    Could they be beta for a reason? (Sorry for the rudeness, but a lot of people go bleeding edge for no reason, beta video card drivers are bleeding edge)

Beans

Hey guys, I'm about 3 weeks into Ubuntu 9.04/Linux (Newbie), but I'm a L337 experienced windows user (ugh). Anyway, I got through a ton of posts and advice, and these forums in particular are an amazing resource, but I haven't been able to find any resolution to the issues I'm having, and it's really starting to bother me.

I've got an Asus X83V Laptop.

It runs:

Intel Centrino Dual Core 2.0ghz processor.
    4 gigs of DDR2 ram.
    Nvidia 9300m GS 512 DDR3 dedicated graphics.
    I'm using Nvidia Accelerated Graphics Driver 180 (recommended)
    Dual Boot with Vista 64 bit/Ubuntu 64 bit.

I've activated Coolbits, I've installed the script that runs at boot and reconfigures my nvidia settings, I've tried setting the script to OC my card during boot, ALL HAVE BEEN EPIC FAILS... I noticed a small post earlier (in this thread) that said that the (newish) Nvidia Mobile graphics cards are not OC-able. I was also informed through online research that is seems that my processor isn't OC-able, via the BIOS. Can anyone confirm or deny either of these claims for me?

I'd be extremely greatful if someone could tell me a way around all of this, because my system could turn way up, and even running WOW with the graphics all the way up only gets it to 42C (Nvidia Settings says the slowdown point is around 102C). So OCing my system would be extremely beneficial, and plausible.

Anyone got any ideas, or am I just a sad case of capitolism and stupid people burning out to many laptops? Any help would be great, so thanks in advance!

Beans

how can i over clock my ati raeon graphics card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jasontu View Post
    Will Coolbits help me stop the issue of the fan ramping up to full blast (full noisy too) if the GPU gets hotter than 40C which it always does?
    Just installed 10.4 (64bit) on Asus x83v rather comfortably. Also had the full blast fan issue. Seems i got it solved by changing settings in the BIOS (press ESC-key at startup) contradictionary to their title and value - disabling sth like thermal ... (don't have the laptop here right now). Also disabled a value related to Screen while i was in there. This solved a brightness issue, was rather dim before - now showing a more "normal" appearance -, without interfering with sound (read about issues where adjusting brightness caused sound problems...). Hope you are still checking your posts from time to time and find this; and off course that my method helps. Cheers, Achim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123