Page 228 of 251 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2508

Thread: Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO)?

Beans

Re: Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO)?

Anyone on PyLotRO team running the Beta client? Looks like it requires an additional DLL not supported by WINE. From previous comments, maybe this will go away after the launch?

Beans

Hey guys,

i tried the whole day getting lotro to run but so far without luck.

ok, here is what i did:
    Mainly i used this tutorial to setup my win bottle and lotro.
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/LOTRO...x_and_Mac_OS/X

1. I got the 10GB European version from this link: http://community.lotro-europe.com/full_client.php?
    2. I did not install lotro in linux, i used virtualbox and a windows xp installation. That worked great.
    3. Then i created a new winebottle (win 2000) and copied the files i installed in my VM.
    4. i used PyLotRO to update the game without any hassle.
    5. Now i get the same "blackscreen error" no matter what launcher i use. But its not the pulseaudio error described here before. I'm on KDE and pulseaudio is not installed. Anyway i tried disabling sound in winecfg but it didn't help.

I tried serveral things to fix it but all i get is a black window that always gets closed immediately. I tried to force a desktop resolution in wine, set differend regedit parameters and so on without luck. The only debug infos i get is:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f5d4,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x133c20, L"\\\\.\\root\\cimv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x33f9e8)
    fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x133c20, L"\\\\.\\root\\cimv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x33f9e8)
    fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x133c20, L"\\\\.\\root\\cimv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x33fa40)
    fixmeinput:XInputGetState (3 0x204ea2c)
    fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 1129272385 (as fourcc: ATOC) WINED3DFORMAT!
    fixme:d3d:getFormatDescEntry Can't find format unrecognized(1129272385) in the format lookup table
    fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 1094800211 (as fourcc: SSAA) WINED3DFORMAT!
    fixme:d3d:getFormatDescEntry Can't find format unrecognized(1094800211) in the format lookup table
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetSoftwareVertexProc essing (0x13e180) : stub
    fixme:d3dx3DXGetShaderConstantTableEx (0x20c9864, 0, 0x33f870): semi-stub
    fixme:d3dx:ID3DXConstantTableImpl_GetConstant (0x1d3478)->((nil), 0): stub
    *** Finished ***
    As a sidenot: Dungeons and Dragons runs like a charm here on my system so i don't get what exactly is the problem. Also wow is playable without any problems.

*edit: I forgot to mention that i did not executed the script mentioned here: Run the lotro setup script posted on appdb page for LotRO cause its not available anymore.

*edit2: ok, i feel a bit stupid now. I had to install it again with wine. Copy the windows installation only does not work. Don't know if this is a general problem or just me. Anyway it works now.

My System information:
    Wine: wine-1.3.0 (32 Bit)
    Graphics: Nvidia GTX 275 (dualscreen setup with twinview)

Hopefully i provided all infos., so maybe someone can help me, i'm lost with this problem.

cya
    Last edited by sxe; August 3rd, 2010 at 07:42 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sxe View Post
    *edit2: ok, i feel a bit stupid now. I had to install it again with wine. Copy the windows installation only does not work. Don't know if this is a general problem or just me. Anyway it works now.
    Copying LotRO from a Windows install will work but you need to install the Visual C++ 2005 run-times, if you install it via wine then that run-time is installed as part of the installation process.

Beans

Not in my case. Visual C++ 2005 run-times were installed with winetricks.

Beans

ok so i've been trying to troubleshoot my install for a good 24 hours now... i've got games working, from wow to starcraft II and what not so i'm at a loss currently.

in winetricks i've ran vcrun2005 and a number of other things, however i constantly get an msvcr80.dll error.

the process i went about installing lotro was using my dvd's (i know it says not to, but i dont have the bandwidth to download the install files from online and i cant seem to find one that works in wine either so that doesnt help). it installed fine, i then install pylotro and i let it patch that install.. it all goes well until i try to launch the game, it changes from the main pylotro window to just the Output window and i either get an R 6043 (i think thats the number) runtime error, or i get *** FINISHED *** in the output box, depending.. i dont remember the circumstances of if i deleted the msvcr80.dll on which one it gives me that

i just renamed my .wine folder, ran JUST winetricks vcrun2005 and vcrun2005sp1 (which now it appears is one and the same) should i install lotro from dvd's or should i somehow find a way to get the trial download going? i'm confused why i can't use my dvd's to be completely honest but if for whatever reason it results in my problems then so be it i'll find someone to get it for me.

pleaseee help. much love.

i'm currently running ubuntu 10.10 alpha 3 wine 1.2 aaand like i said pylotro patched up my lotro install no problems whatsoever (as far as i could tell, it finished fine no errors that i seen) so i wouldnt think it matters if i installed from dvd or not, but its the only thing i can think of that i messed up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmeister View Post
    should i install lotro from dvd's or should i somehow find a way to get the trial download going? i'm confused why i can't use my dvd's to be completely honest but if for whatever reason it results in my problems then so be it i'll find someone to get it for me.
    You can try installing it in virtualbox with your cd's (or if you have a windows partition that's even better) and starting it and logging in so that it will download any patches or changes from the server.

Then copy the install folder from your windows partition or the virtulbox install.
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the rings online\
    with my most recent install a few days ago I did not need to patch using pylotro. I just ran the game and it worked fine.

For the record I'm not sure what will happen once the game goes to launch in virtualbox as the 3D drivers may cause problems.

good luck!

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans

cool, appreciate the response.

i'm not sure what went wrong w/ my wine install or whatever but i've been enjoying lotro since about 15 minutes after i posted that .

i renamed my .wine directory (old install and what not) .. ran wine, let it reconfigure itself making a new .wine folder. then i ran winetricks vcrun2005 and vcrun2005sp1 ... copied my install directory of lotro that i installed previously with my dvd and updated with pylotro... and upon my first load up i got the awesome black screen then crash to desktop.

fiddled around with the userpreference thingy i think its called, still did it, then it dawned on me i needed to install the directx stuff, so i did the d9 and d10 stuff... once i install those it just loaded right up.

clearly it was my wine install, but i cant figure out why it wasnt working or anything.

everyone who contributed to this thread and various wiki's and all the cool stuff that went into pylotro are awesome, much appreciative of it all

Beans

wait so will we have to re-download lotro when free-to-play lands?

or will there only be a pylotro patch and that's it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuman001 View Post
    wait so will we have to re-download lotro when free-to-play lands?

or will there only be a pylotro patch and that's it?
    I can't find it now but previously I read on alan's ppa that there would be a patch for the client when lotro goes F2P. pylotro should get an update so long as your using the native client and the not exe one installed into wine. If your using the exe version you'll need to update it yourself.

Lotro itself will receive the update in the usual way.

[edit]
    I emailed Alan on launchpad and asked if he plans on patching pylotro, if/when I receive a reply I'll post the info here
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Ms_Angel_D; August 21st, 2010 at 12:59 AM.

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Angel_D View Post
    [edit]
    I emailed Alan on launchpad and asked if he plans on patching pylotro, if/when I receive a reply I'll post the info here
    [/edit]
    PyLotRO will be altered to work with F2P, the change and new version will be available before the 10th comes along, probably by the end of next week depending on when I get a bit of free time (the change is small but doing the releases is the time consuming bit).

Page 228 of 251 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast