Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the Beginners Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb Re: Joining the Beginners Team

Hello,

I am interested in joining the team as well.

I am an active participant on the ubuntuforums, and I am currently running Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10

I've been using Ubuntu for quite some time now, and Linux is the only operating system that I use any more. I have been using computers for well over 20 years. So I have a great deal of experience with computers in general.

I used to have a multiboot system with Window$ and Linux, but I got rid of Window$ all together, and now I run a pure Linux environment.

I am currently using an Acer 5050-3371 with wifi that uses the Atheros chipset.

Best regards,
    zipperback
    Last edited by zipperback; January 3rd, 2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Fixing a typographical error.

Beans

Re: Joining the Beginners Team

ok guys - not sure of what to do. registered, got to here. but I do not know how to send a message to help me with a very simple computer problem, relating to copying photo's off a computer to a jump drive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    ok guys - not sure of what to do. registered, got to here. but I do not know how to send a message to help me with a very simple computer problem, relating to copying photo's off a computer to a jump drive.
    Just create a new post stating what your problem is in the absolute beginners talk section. http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Beans
    Hidden!

hey people

i wouldn't mind joining this team

i have been trying to contact someone on irc but i don't know what channel you are on

cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by thexero View Post
    hey people

i wouldn't mind joining this team

i have been trying to contact someone on irc but i don't know what channel you are on

cheers
    IRC : freenode.net

Channel: #ubuntuforums-beginners

Also you can click UserCP---->Edit Profile. Scroll down to Miscellaneous, and click Group Memberships. You can join forum groups/teams that way as well.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm considerably interested in joining the team. It wouldn't make a huge difference, as I spend a significant amount of time in ABT/GH/DE/etc forums answering what questions I can. It'd just be nice.

I'm familiar with most/all current hardware, and I've used several WM's (*box, gnome, kde, xfce, DWM, awesome, etc). I've tried my hand at just about everything. I'm not sure how valuable my knowledge may be, but I'm more than willing to offer it.
    +Solace @DeviantArt | Awesome Guide | Beginners Team Member
    Canadian Forces 2007-present

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ~LoKe View Post
    I'm considerably interested in joining the team. It wouldn't make a huge difference, as I spend a significant amount of time in ABT/GH/DE/etc forums answering what questions I can. It'd just be nice.

I'm familiar with most/all current hardware, and I've used several WM's (*box, gnome, kde, xfce, DWM, awesome, etc). I've tried my hand at just about everything. I'm not sure how valuable my knowledge may be, but I'm more than willing to offer it.
    You'd be good for this team

I spent a lot of time doing the same stuff (not DE though), and just recently joined.

Beans

hello everybody

Perhaps I am not that experienced yet as you guys above me
    but I am pretty active in the beginners and general help forums and I like to delve into interesting issues.

I am running a website which focuses on my beginner problems with Ubuntu.Furthermore I write a big Gimp documentation and tutorials for it.

Currently I am running a Xubuntu 7.10 system and a Linux Mint Daryna system.

I also would like to join your team because I am somewhat "near" to the users who just recently switched over or are trying to switch over to Linux Ubuntu.

I speak German, Polish fluently and a little bit of English ... so I can look over the borders of this forum so to speak.

Once again consider please my joining request.
    Regards
    Jan Quark
    Last edited by jan quark; January 27th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
    Beginners Team
    UnansweredPost Team
    ubuntuhelp.piranho.com
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey guys,
    I've been around here for the last 9 months or so, been using linux for a few years, unix at school for a few more years, and computers forever. I'm a Computer Engineering and Science major (graduating in May) so I'm familiar with programming and HW/SW design and implementation as well. I also have experience in a moderate to large range of computer hardware and different systems.
    I was going to request to join last summer while I was working IT, but I delayed because I felt my Fall schedule could get in the way, so I postponed my request to join the team, but now I'm interested in getting more involved for sure.
    I'm also interested in the Unanswered Posts team if that is still around.
    I hope you're interested in taking me aboard!
    Peace.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You would certainly be swell for the team

Dr Small
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast