• No

7 6.93%
  • Other

7 6.93%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Ubuntu Idea Storm?

Beans

[SOLVED] Ubuntu Idea Storm?

Wouldn't it be awesome if users could vote on their top ubuntu frustrations and constructive criticisms. What could be done better, what bugs can be fixed, what annoyances can be solved. Why not let the community help in prioritizing what needs to be done most. I think Canonical should let the users vote...

www.pligg.com seems to be exactly the thing... now to find a host.
    Last edited by maynoth; March 15th, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Ubuntu Idea Storm?

A knowledgebase would be nice, but that would be a long project imo.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

We already do something like this.

When a new version is upcoming, there's usually a thread about suggestions for the new version. You can also post feature requests on Launchpad--which the developers take note of. Ultimately, though, it's up to the Ubuntu developers and Mark Shuttleworth to decide what gets incorporated into the new release.

Based on the specifications for Feisty Fawn (to be released next month), I'd say they're pretty good at listening to the users:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+specs

By the way, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place.

Beans

I think Ubuntu should have an entire page devoted to this... like ideastorm.ubuntu.com or what not. something for direct feedback and voting on issues.. The voting of ideas, the best of which float to the top is what would help prioritize goals.. From what I can see people make suggestions lots of them but you have to wade through 30 pages of forum threads to digest it all. That is kinda pointless. A ideastorm style interface where users vote on issues (or create their own) would help the users have more coherent focused and prioritized feedback for the devs etc. Harness the collective wisdom of users. I can only see good things from something like this..
    Last edited by maynoth; March 14th, 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by maynoth View Post
    I think Ubuntu should have an entire page devoted to this... like ideastorm.ubuntu.com or what not. something for direct feedback and voting on issues.. The voting of ideas, the best of which float to the top is what would help prioritize goals.. From what I can see people make suggestions lots of them but you have to wade through 30 pages of forum threads to digest it all. That is kinda pointless. A ideastorm style interface where users vote on issues (or create their own) would help the users have more coherent focused and prioritized feedback for the devs etc. Harness the collective wisdom of users. I can only see good things from something like this..
    Take it up with sabdfl and the rest of the officials on launchpad and/or the wiki, then. We are not responsible for this.

Beans

sorry to bother you again... do you have contact information or a link to a page that does?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

For me it is like this : They make a system , i try to customize it and change it as much as posible.
    UUID in my fstab no way, Gnome gone ...and so on ....(no thats about it)

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone123 View Post
    For me it is like this : They make a system , i try to customize it and change it as much as possible.
    UUID in my fstab no way, Gnome gone ...and so on ....(no thats about it)
    This is way off topic.

I kinda like the idea of a separate site though I think the guys do a good job at balancing users requests with what needs to be done at the core. Ill ask Mark about it the next time I see him on IRC.

Beans

http://www.pligg.com/

Pligg seems to be exactly what is needed. Would anyone here like to contact me about possibly setting up an Ubuntu Idea Storm using pligg. (lordmaynoth)xxxx(at)xxxx(gmail)

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast