Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: CJK in Wine (Chinese, Japanese & Korean)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: HOWTO: CJK in Wine (Chinese, Japanese & Korean)

Just want to say thank you so much for this guide, this is like the only guide about this subject on the net

I will drop a line if I get PDIC(with eijiro) to work properly in wine. It works flawless but all the fonts are garbled up.

Beans

In front of a command, what does $ mean and what does # mean?

Update: so far I almost did the whole procedure. Though the problem is that,

Code:
    WineLocale 0.41 - CJK Launcher for Wine (cli)
    Error: Specified file '/path/to/executable.exe' not found
    I encounter this error. Any ideas?
    Last edited by BuntuFirstTimer; February 22nd, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by BuntuFirstTimer View Post
    In front of a command, what does $ mean and what does # mean?

Update: so far I almost did the whole procedure. Though the problem is that,

Code:
    Error: Specified file '/path/to/executable.exe' not found
    I encounter this error. Any ideas?
    Don't copy the $ and #, just the command after that.
    What he meant was type in whatever path your exe file is located in the place of '/path/to/executable.exe'

My problem is that I am unable to get wineloc to work with PDIC, (it runs without wineloc, but display garbled text).

Beans

hi. great tutorial. e would it be possible to do the same procedure to Linux Mint 7 Gloria installed on my father's laptop?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by D-- View Post
    Hey guys ...

I'M SO HAPPY!

That's on Intrepid, for all the people who posted the old method is having problems.

hramrach is right about FontLink, but it is entirely useless without MS Fonts. Wine has essentially no support for it at this point. I have created some FontLink lines for fallback into Free fonts but it's all moot till the Wine team does their end.

So, in the mean time, some font swapping is necessary: especially for MS Shell Dlg (cannot display tab titles without swapping).

This version totally solves all locale hacking issue at the start of this thread. It carries a package payload of less than 100KB right now and works on an Ubuntu default install--no extra packages needed! Its only dependencies are a few fonts Ubuntu installs as recommended packages of ubuntu-desktop and wine (obviously).

Currently, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese and Korean are working perfectly. Russian works, but I'm working to resolve a chunky font issue. Arabic and Hebrew are having problems, and I haven't tested Greek.

This release will include a toggle to flip 96/120dpi fonts in Wine. It will also read your Gtk theme to find out your font and menubar size, then hacks Wine to match for real (10pt in 96dpi X is much, much different from 10pt in Wine). It also has a toggle to enable/disable rudimentary font anti-aliasing.

It also supports localizations, as you can see from the screenshot. Currently we have English and Chinese (simplified). If you can, please help by translating http://winelocale.googlecode.com/svn...18n/en_US.lang into your language. Post it here or email it to me at derrick%0cinnamonpirate%1com (/@/./ #fix the marks) and I'll add it to the SVN. Anything sent in by mid-next week should make it out in the beta. It will check the language of your Ubuntu and, assuming someone made a locale, it will show in your language. Otherwise, it defaults to English.

I still have to finish up the shortcut generation and command line mode, but I'm shooting for a beta in the next couple days. SVN has a the working implementation sans command line. I also need to get it to kill out the main core instead of hanging the WineLocale window till the Wine app exits, but that should be a trivial fix. When it's all set I'll put a downloadable .deb package on Google Code and add it to the CinnamonPirate.com Ubuntu repository.
    First of all, I would like to thank you for this great job and for sharing it. Sorry for these dumb questions, I'm new to Ubuntu and Wine:
    1) it seems the Deb package is not ready yet, so the easiest way for a newbie to install it is download the wineloc-0.41.tar.gz file and follow the steps in your first posting?
    2) you've mentioned a GUI in your posting, where is it? Does the GUI will show up when you run ./install script?
    3) if I don't need languages such as Japanese, Korean, Russian, etc., can I just don't do the steps specific to each language or it'll break the install?

Thanks again for all your help,
    Thanks for your comments/suggestions, it's much appreciated.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I tried to follow your instructions from posting 1, when I got to ./ies4linux, I got the following error:
    michael@michael-lt-ubuntu:~/download/ies4linux-2.99.0.1$ ./ies4linux
    IEs4Linux 2 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions (0.9.x). It seems that you are using an old version. It's recommended that you update your wine to the latest version (Go to: winehq.com).

Fontconfig warning: no <cachedir> elements found. Check configuration.
    Fontconfig warning: adding <cachedir>/var/cache/fontconfig</cachedir>
    Fontconfig warning: adding <cachedir>~/.fontconfig</cachedir>
    /home/michael/download/ies4linux-2.99.0.1/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py:268: GtkWarning: gtk_text_layout_real_invalidate: assertion `layout->wrap_loop_count == 0' failed
    self.textbuffer.insert_with_tags(self.textbuffer.g et_end_iter(), line, tag)
    ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6: 4264 Segmentation fault python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py

What I did wrong? BTW, when I tried to unzip your http://rs141.rapidshare.com/files/43...aSansYuanTi.7z from Rapidshare, it didn't create a subdir VeraSansYuanTi, so I had to create it manually (I hope this is the correct procedure, it seems based on your further instructions the fonts are installed in subdir VeraSansYuanTi).

ps: my wine version is 1.0.1 and Ubuntu 9.04.
    Thanks for your comments/suggestions, it's much appreciated.
    Michael

Beans

I'm having problems with getting wineloc to run, after following all instructions, I tried running an .exe with parenthesis in the path name and the terminal spat out...

bash: error de sintaxis cerca de token no esperado `('
    something like bash: sintax error on the unanticipated token '(' in english.

Is there anyway to run a program with a ( in the pathname? It's a mounted ISO file, so as far as I'm aware there's noway to rename it.
    Last edited by Blue Dolphins; August 11th, 2009 at 04:53 AM.

Beans

I couldn't get winelocale to work for me, and the IEs4Linux script only made my Wine setup unusable for the one Japanese program I'm testing, a card designer. (I'm setting up a laptop for my in-laws, and my wife's mother wants to be able to make New Year's cards, but the only thing I can find for Linux is a mediocre program that runs under Adobe AIR.)

After messing up Wine and re-installing it several times, I thought I had found the secret: just change the system language over to Japanese and log back in.

SadaraX, however, has an even better suggestion -- LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine application.exe -- if you want to run Japanese programs while keeping the main system another language. It works for me when nothing else has. I wish I had read through the whole thread before chasing down unworkable suggestions and general puzzlement elsewhere.

I do find, however, that on my machine with an English setup, some dialog messages still don't show, while all are fine on the other machine under a Japanese setup.

I didn't even have to change the locale file /var/lib/locales/supported.d/ja or run dpkg-reconfigure locales. Anthy input through IBus works on the Japanese machine, though Anthy through SCIM fails to put what I write into the program's editing are. I already had all the Japanese fonts, plus msttcorefonts and several fonts I got from my never-used Windows partition (arial-unicode, kozuka gothic, kozuka mincho, osaka, osaka monospace) or off the Web (ms-mincho and ms-gothic from Ricoh). I think that all you need is Wine, the basic fonts and the command.

Now if I can just get the program to not crash when I open a template card in its proprietary format. (If I just click on one of those templates in Nautilus, wine opens the program with that template showing, just fine. The problem lies in selecting and opening the file.) I've run winetricks and chose most items, but that messed everything up again and I had to start over. I'm going to give it another go or two or three, being selective, until it works or I give up on this program.
    Last edited by James Keating; November 28th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Beans

Thanks for your work.
    Looking forward to your deb release

Just wanted to add:
    Work great, thanks again. Exept of the lines that repeats 4 times before executing any app.
    Code:
    err:service:RPC_Init RpcServerUseProtseq failed with error 1703
    err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe - exit code 1703
    What could that be?
    Last edited by Found; December 3rd, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Flip-Top

Beans

Hi, I followed the steps as best I could, but when I start up my program, I get this:

ja_JP
    Using locale file /usr/local/share/wineloc/patches/common/ja_JP.reg ...
    Setting up Japanese Shift-JIS locale ...
    err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe - exit code 1703
    Executing application ...
    fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 4
    fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 3
    Restoring old Wine locale settings
    fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 4
    fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 3
    Anyone have any idea why I'm getting these errors?

Also, Japanese only shows up partially correct in my program... In the bar at the top. The actual text in the body of the program is all gibberish.
    Last edited by amziezelt; December 11th, 2009 at 02:12 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast