Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are the members of the unanswered post team?

Beans
    Hidden!

Who are the members of the unanswered post team?

Hi all,

I thought it could be a nice idea to find out who the members of the team is. So, how about (if those of us that wants to) present ourselves in this thread (with as much or as little information as we'd like to share)? Who knows, some of us might practically be living next door to each other.

My name is Magnus and live in Stockholm, Sweden, where I work as an evil bureaucrat. When not enforcing arcane red-tape rules on poor bastards who don't understand them I spend my time on my family and my computers (all running on Linux, but of course). I'm also an avid blues-fan, hence the nick. I have been known to be an ironic, which should really be kept in mind when reading what I post (for example, I'm not really evil, I'm a good guy who just happens to follow orders).

I've been using Linux for little more than a year now. I started off with a C-64 (if you remember those), went on to Amiga, and then had a mac for about two weeks before going with PC. Used Win3.11, Win95, Win2000 and Windows XP. As the configurability got lesser and lesser (and what happened to DOS?), I got more and more frustrated, not to mention that the instability of the system bugged me. After I very succesfully switched my server to Ubuntu I followed suit with my laptop. Very soon after that I ended up on this forum, which has been an excellent source of information and help. I thought the unaswered post team might be a good way to learn some more, get to know people on the forum, and help out fellow ubuntu-users.

It home, I got a server running on Dapper and a desktop running on 64-bit Ubuntu Dapper. I also have a (somewhat old) laptop running on Debian Etch with Fluxbox (just for learning Debian, which is also very cool)

Anyway, looking forward to working with you.

All the best
    /Mojoman

Beans

Re: Who are the members of the unanswer post team?

Ok then. I live and work in Far North Queensland. My degree is from the UK (as am I) in CS, but for reasons I haven't decided on, in my hurry to sort visas, I agreed to keep being a builder for a while! I am returning to the UK for a couple years next January, and will take some certifications now visas aren't a problem, then hopefully when I get back aim for an air conditioned way to earn money!

I have been using Linux off and on...more off than on, since '98. But full time since 2005. Distro wise I like Ubuntu, but the attraction for me is the community. It has to be the most respectful out there, and that can only be good. I do the firefox extension which is used by a few (any javascript gurus here, give me a shout if you have any time free), and generally try and help out where I can.

Adam
    Last edited by adam.tropics; March 23rd, 2007 at 09:12 AM.
    ~~ Ubuntu Forums Firefox/Flock Menu ~~ Ubuntu User Number 206 ~~ Linux user number 403379 ~~

~~ If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it. ~~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hey, I'm Jacob Peddicord. I live in Ohio, and I'm a member of our Ohio LoCo team.

I'm a student/programmer. I usually work with websites, however I do write the occasional desktop program now and then.
    I started out with Linux about 4 years ago working with servers. Being the kind of person who likes to break things, I wanted to try out Linux on the desktop. I tried SuSE 10 initially for about three months, then went on to Ubuntu. Ever since then, I have never switched back. I'm currently running Feisty.

In the future, I plan on getting some programs into Universe once I get around to writing them. Who knows, I might even apply for membership sometime.

Let's get this team going!

Jacob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am Anthony Jones (AJ for short). I am 21 and work as a IT Techie. I have been into Linux for just over a year and tried several different distros and found Ubuntu to just work. I help spread Ubuntu by recommending it to friends and family.

I have a few servers running 6.06, one is web server and one is proxy server with ldap (A/D) authentication.

I am currently developing my php/mysql abilities and looking to start learning c.

I am surgically attached to a computer and enjoy helping people (also i am the only techie guy in the family....... grrrrrr , didnt even get xmas day off cause of my aunt). I see participation in Ubuntu forums as a way to increase my knowledge and help others.

Also although English is my first language , I can not spell to save my life. SO please excuse and spelling errors.
    Tony J
    Unanswered Posts Team: A team for handling unanswered posts. | The Blog: http://apjone.com | Hardware Team:A team for handling hardware forums

Beans

Daniel
    computer support, building and repair
    NVQ3 motor tech
    studying to be an electrician and full part p domestic installer
    live in
    Somerset England.

Interests:
    Motorcycles/tropical fish/lizards/chinchilla's and computers

member of

Unanswered Posts Team
    Beginner Area Team
    Hardware Team

Beans

I am Eric Lake and I live in Lexington Kentucky USA. I just got approved as an Ubuntu Member yesterday (3/20/07). I have been working with computers professionally for the last 7 years. I have been using Linux in general for the last 4 years or so and Ubuntu specifically for the last 1.5 years. I would not call myself a programmer but I like to play in Python and Perl.

Interests:

Computers and Aikido

Member of:
    Unanswered Posts Team
    Beginner Area Team
    Last edited by etank; March 21st, 2007 at 08:10 PM.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans

Congratulations on your membership etank. Good Stuff.
    ~~ Ubuntu Forums Firefox/Flock Menu ~~ Ubuntu User Number 206 ~~ Linux user number 403379 ~~

~~ If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it. ~~

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by teaker1s View Post
    Daniel
    computer support, building and repair
    NVQ3 motor tech
    studying to be an electrician and full part p domestic installer
    live in
    Somerset England.

Interests:
    Motorcycles/tropical fish/lizards/chinchilla's and computers

member of

Unanswered Posts Team
    Beginner Area Team
    Hardware Team

also daniel.

Beans

Re: Who are the members of the unanswered post team?

Good to see the forum teams expanding

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Who are the members of the unanswered post team?

User: Ajmorris
    Name: Andrew Morris
    Other: Linux user for about 2.5 years, Ubuntu since sep 2006 ^^
    Use Ubuntu and Mandriva Love basketball and computers.
    I have only just joined this team
    Last edited by ajmorris; April 7th, 2007 at 12:20 AM.
    Want to find out more about your ubuntu system? see HowTO Ubuntu System
    Want to know a little more about networking? see HOWTO Ubuntu Networking
    Looking for help with something on your ubuntu? see the tutorial of the week sticky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast