Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are the members of the unanswered post team?

Beans

Re: Who are the members of the unanswered post team?

User: christhemonkey
    Name: Chris Beagles
    Other: Been using ubuntu since hoary.
    Joined this team a few weeks back.
    Have 1 pc running edgy, 1 laptop running feisty, a server running edgy server
    Converted 2 of my brothers to ubuntu, 1 to xubuntu edgy other to ubuntu dapper on his laptop.
    Using ubuntu offline?
    Want to install new programs?
    Check out wubdepends
    If Stupidity got us into this mess,
    then why can’t it get us out?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

My name is Daniel.
    Linux experience= 1.1 years
    Distro's that I have ran are mostly Ubuntu Dapper and Edgy (xubuntu as well) also have played with Puppy, DSL, and Knoppix. I noticed that Gparted livecd stated Gentoo so can I consider that one?
    I am very new to the linux scene but have been working on computers for over 10 years and have built plenty of them with the help of newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, and mwave.com. I also love finding old computers and reviving them with Linux to learn more about it and how it interacts with various hardware. My latest is a IBM TP 365CSE, it has a 486 50mhz processor, 20MB RAM and a 340mb hdd. I just got a PCMCIA ethernet card so I am about to install Puppy or DSL on it. I can't wait to try. I enjoy helping others and know exactly how a newbie feels when they want to try it out but have no idea what to do to get it working and that's why I joined the team.

Beans

Hi, my name's Steve and I'm an Ubuntuholic.

I live near Chesterfield in the UK and I am currently finishing an MSc in computer networks. So basically I'm the guy everyone asks to fix their broadband, wifi etc.

I tend to help out mostly in the Networking and Wireless sub-forum, though I also foray into Hardware & Laptops, Installation & Upgrades and Newbie sub-forums on occasion as well.

My first experience of this forum was of friendly users who were only too happy to help out the newbies and I hope to see this continue as the forum grows. So I would like to applaud the founders of this team for taking on such an ambitious task. The rate of new threads seems to be increasing every day and with Feisty recently out of the door the forum has been moving so fast it's going to take a lot of effort to keep up.
    UP Team member

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Hi guys,
    User: paparucino or galahad
    Name: Stefano
    Married
    A daughter
    Other: Been using computers since 1983
    Joined this team a few days ago
    Have 1 pc with 4 SO (Gutsy, Zenwalk, Mepis, and ... aaaargh W2K)
    Spent most of my time in front of a monitor while hitting a keyboard
    Member of:
    UDSF Team | Absolute Beginners Team | Unanswered Question Team
    ubuntu user #4898

Beans

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for accepting my request to join the Unanswered Posts Team! I just thought I would introduce myself briefly;

My real name is Luke, I'm 34 and live in West Yorkshire, England. I've been using Linux since Slackware 8.1 (don't ask me to remember the year!) and Ubuntu for over a year now. I've been building my own computers for over ten years now, and spent some time working in a computer recycling centre. Professionally I am unfortunate enough to work solely with Windows XP at the local council (where I am referred to as "The Guru"!), but I manage to get some *NIX love with a Cygwin install on my USB stick.

I have recently got a new job (still with the Council, but more money/more work) so I can't devote as much time on the forums as I used to, but I am still pretty sure I can put in at least a couple of hours every day.

I wouldn't say I was an expert in any particular field, but a "jack of all trades" if you like! I look forward to being a member of the team and helping out where I can. Once I work out how many hours behind UTC is, I hope to be in the meeting on Sunday.
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    --Confucius

Beans

My name is LaRoza, well, not really, but that is what I call myself.

I am building an a collection of Linux distros, but use Ubuntu as my primary OS.

I like to program and like learning programming languages.

I made a wiki for those interested in learning to program. It is in my sig, "Learn to Program".

Beans

Well we have 16 members listed here, and 40 in the forum team list, but only seven seem to be active in the UA Tracker. Is everyone aware of the Tracker? Can we send out an email to everyone in the team to let them know about it?
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    --Confucius

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by reclusivemonkey View Post
    Well we have 16 members listed here, and 40 in the forum team list, but only seven seem to be active in the UA Tracker. Is everyone aware of the Tracker? Can we send out an email to everyone in the team to let them know about it?
    I know I'm not really active, I'm closing some work problems then I'll be free for all.
    Member of:
    UDSF Team | Absolute Beginners Team | Unanswered Question Team
    ubuntu user #4898

Beans

Hi all!

I'm a 24 year old Neuroscience Ph.D student (trying to evade the 'real' world for as long as I can...) from Canada. I switched from Windows to Linux on a whim with Ubuntu Warty and have loved every *nix minute since.

It sucks, but I'm pretty much only knowledgeable on the *nix things that are pertinent to me (sorry!). Specifically:

-kernel compilation
    -notebooks (power management, wireless--WPA_supplicant, wifi-radar, network manager-- general driver installation & network setup, not with ndiswrapper [sorry], nvidia, governors, acpi, touchpad)
    -general compilation issues (including individual drivers, either compiled against kernel source or not)
    -digital audio recording
    -message digests
    -guitar-related *nix apps
    -xorg config
    -grub (not that good with exotic, multiple drives though)
    -general science app related stuff
    -general sys admin stuff (security, init scripts, package management, day-to-day user admin, etc...)

So if there are any question relating to the above that are lingering, please let me know to see if I can help.

Things I know absolutely nothing about:

-RAID setups
    -WUBI
    -automatix
    -Wine
    -ATI
    - A lot more!

I'm hoping to get to know everyone on the team and help out as much as I can. I've got a bit of a confession to make though: I've switched to Arch recently (but keep up on Ubuntu development/news/changes). I hope to install Ubuntu again soon, but have kinda fallen for a rolling release as of late. The community has kept me here though

Distros I have used heavily: Ubuntu, Debian, Arch.

I've just been heavily using the 'unanswered posts' link, but will start using the Tracker. Thanks!.
    Last edited by 5-HT; July 7th, 2007 at 09:27 AM.

Beans

what is that? Let me know about it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast