Thread: Having issues installing Fedora Core on a virtual machine...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Having issues installing Fedora Core on a virtual machine...

I've gotten myself the .iso of Fedora Core 7 Test 2, but have not been able to install it on Parallels Desktop. There is a Fedora Core configuration for a new virtual machine, but when I load up the .iso, I am unable to install it. It says that it can not find the disc, even though I have already specified where it is located. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any way to get around it? The new version of Fedora Core looks interesting, but not if I can't install it.
    Registered Linux User #438830 | Registered Ubuntu User #10897

Beans

Re: Having issues installing Fedora Core on a virtual machine...

Try testing it by booting onto the disk directly. Don't install it, but if ti doesn't boot you might have a bad burn. Also, F7 is rather different from FC6 or previous versions, it is possible that parallels does not yet support F7. It's proprietary software, what do you expect, OSS reaction time to new technology?

I downloaded the F7 test 2 dvd myself and the iso I got didn't check the MD5 sums, so this may also be the issue as well.

EDIT: Finally, as alpha software, the ability to boot to a VM might be buggy at this point, so it could be fedora's fault as well.
    Last edited by igknighted; March 11th, 2007 at 06:35 AM.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Having issues installing Fedora Core on a virtual machine...

I just burned the Live CD to a physical CD, tried to load it on my laptop and it didn't work, so it's possible the .iso I got was corrupt.
    Registered Linux User #438830 | Registered Ubuntu User #10897